( search forums )
dodge move conflicts with m79 boosting
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
KnOt
June 14, 2005, 6:16 pm
Not sure if anyone else has been bothered by this, but m79 being my personal weapon of choice, and me being a pro boostard; I noticed I couldn't run away backwards and then jump up and boost at the angle I had perfected anymore.. It's ok for when you're running forwards, but boosting backwards involves using jets+jumping up. In some ways it's kind of cool, because if I do it just right I can still boost really far and do a nice little flip while i'm at it ;>) .. But some of the time it prevents me from doing a successful boost, I end up just waisting a good m79 shot, and then dying, powerless to do anything..

I don't suppose there could be anything done about this really ;\ This dodge move is goign to effect my game-play quite a lot though.. some ways good, some ways bad I suppose..

Chakra`
June 14, 2005, 6:18 pm

yes, the m79 boost backwards is harder isn't it :D

I like that :D

can you tell? :D

..let's face it guv, making your getaway with an m79 boost is a tad lame. M79 boosting in general can however be tactical...but for escape? psh, get some skill. A real man (like myself) FIGHTS his way out.

DeMonIc
June 14, 2005, 6:46 pm
I think it's still easy, you just have to push jetting after you blast yourself. Eats more hp tough, but looks hell much more cooler. Or you could do the blast after the flip, that works too ;)

Psyl3ntShad0w
June 14, 2005, 7:22 pm
get used to it? :-P

DeMonIc
June 14, 2005, 7:35 pm
I remember saying the same thing about bink at the last beta tests ¬_¬

KnOt
June 14, 2005, 8:29 pm
OH CHAKRA, YOU'RE MY HERO...
*cough*
No, but seriously.. It's a little hard to 'fight your way out' when you only have 1 shot, and there's 2 autos on your tail.. But yeah, I guess I should quit whining, i'm sure i'll get used to it.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 8:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`A real man (like myself) FIGHTS his way out.

:D Fag. :D

:D

Yeah, maybe this will decrease the amount of people using the gun..good thing if that happens.

Kazuki
June 14, 2005, 10:46 pm
Chakra is a man?! *gasp* All my dreams are pointless now.

HOWEVER, getting back on topic, I feel that it's good that it gets in the way of M79 jumping. This way, M79 jumping is limited, which it should be. It falls together perfectly, in my opinion.

Bugs Revenge
June 14, 2005, 10:56 pm
I think it would just help us jump but whatever..
I gotta try it first ;)

Kazuki
June 14, 2005, 11:43 pm
No, the dodge moves makes you go too high for you to be able to M79 jump on an even ground.

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 2:47 pm
as I've said already.. it would just help you go faster.
maybe u wouldn't be able to boost in the same way u did, but
after getting used to it.. I think it would be even better.