( search forums )
bink on the LAW
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
KnOt
June 15, 2005, 11:54 am
Does it have to be so much? It's going to take all the skill out of the weapon.. All this is gonna do is promote camping with it. I wont be able to do the 'skill shots' I make when I use it IN COMBAT.. As in with someone spamming nades at me and shooting me with an auto.. It's hard enough as it is :Q

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 12:52 pm
I don't think the Law deserves bink, it was pretty balanced before.

grand_diablo
June 15, 2005, 1:21 pm
yeh, i was fine with the LAW too, unbink it please ;o

btw. bink on a LAW is unrealistic, this thing must be friggin heavy, so I dont think that being hit while aiming with it would affect it so much (as far as this is comparable to reality) ^^

Michal Marcinkowski
June 15, 2005, 2:28 pm
So what do you suggest, it is a little powerful in 1.2.1 I think ?

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 2:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI don't think the Law deserves bink, it was pretty balanced before.

NO WAY man, it was a way too overpowered secondary..
ppl actualy used it as a primery weapon..
it's just walking with it, and if you'r skilled you just can't miss.

so it's just killing your enemy once with it
the second one with ur primary
and that's it, u've capped.(without def etc.)
besides, ppl would less use it for camping.
I think it's perdect now, in order to avoid camping with it just shot it..
and the range of fire would bink it less..

Kazuki
June 15, 2005, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge
ppl actualy used it as a primery weapon..

I disagree there. I rarely ever see people actually running around with a LAW.

quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge
it's just walking with it, and if you'r skilled you just can't miss.

Haha, I agree with that, however. I should know. :) With so many movies made using the LAW, I've learned how to use it pretty damn well.

I really don't know which way to go on this one. LAW is supposed to be a weapon that saves your arse in the middle of a firefight. If it gets binked too much, that will override the purpose. However, I still agree that the weapon is too powerful in 1.2.1. Like I said, I'm stuck in the middle.

Still, I love the tingley feeling you get when you do a magnificent shot and kill the person you were aiming for right as they went off your screen. ;)

KnOt
June 15, 2005, 3:06 pm
Oh please. You get 1 friggin shot, unless you're camping with it.. And it's not that easy to hit with it + If you miss you're pretty much (Please refrain from swearing)ed cos your enemy has thrown about 4 nades down at you while you're crouching... It's better than using a gay socom which is like a (Please refrain from swearing)ing primary weapon instead.. (that reloads instantly) You shoot with m79, and miss.. Then you get to spray with socom which can kill in about 5 shots. If you're gonna nerf the LAW so much then nerf the socom too..

-Edit-
Got an idea.. Leave it binked if you must, but give it a shorter reload time. That would balance it out just right.

And while you're at it, make the socom less powerful, but give it more range :Q

*crosses his fingers*

grand_diablo
June 15, 2005, 3:15 pm
mmh i dont like the law bink as it is now, it should be less + a bit shorter reload.

Socom... mh maybe slightly less damage would be enough here, im quite fine with it.

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 3:22 pm
Are you kidding knot?!
he's nerfed the succom badly, I think this way it's better.
but if nerfing the succom which was indeed overpowered, the LAW gotta be nerfed as well.
besides..
"cos your enemy has thrown about 4 nades down at you while you're crouching"
that's realy not true since ppl who lame with it actualy crouching and waiting for their enemies to come
atm they see the enemy on the screen they just shot his poor ass without letting him a chance to hit them with any m79 \ auto \ spas \ DE \ Nades \ everything that closedrange and not screen range.

KnOt
June 15, 2005, 3:25 pm
And if it stays binked then that is the only way you'll be able to kill people with it. Meh, whatever

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 3:28 pm
well, it's kinda true..
but I think that.. from far ranges the "range effect" gotta bink it less then it binks from close ranges.
is it applied now? or..?

SERIAL KILLeR
June 15, 2005, 6:15 pm
maybe a delay on the shot like in enemy territory. U shoot and after 1-2 seconds it fires.
Would also be cool if the rocket accelerated to its maximum speed exponentially like i saw in some games.

grand_diablo
June 15, 2005, 8:02 pm
actually, serial killers idea pwns bigtime!

unbink it completely and make it with a shooting delay and maybe rocket acceleration. I think that'd be the best solution as it would need way more skill to handle.

Cookie.
June 15, 2005, 8:41 pm
I have to agree that law is a bit to powerful I think

I think what Grand Diablo says would be a good idea

N1nj@
June 15, 2005, 9:09 pm
lol, serial killer, that's an awesome idea :D

MisterX
June 15, 2005, 9:24 pm
Honestly, I find the LAW just too strong the way it is in 1.2.1. In my opinion thats just a "1-kill-guarantee". Once you get used to it's aiming it's very easy to just drop down to the ground, duck, fire and kill an enemy within a second or two. I haven't tested LAW in the beta yet, but just compare LAW to the other secondaries. Knife is very strong, too, but it's aiming is much, much harder on higher ranges. Chainsaw is useless for serious gaming. And with socom you can kill enemies, too, but it's harder than with a good primary weapon, so it's mostly used for killing enemies with a few shots you've hurt before. But LAW, it's even stronger than a primary. Only once for sure, but imho it's as mighty as a barret than. Plus I really hate how LAW is being used now. Nearly everyone uses a LAW in clanwars. It's useful for kills on any ranges, it can be used very fast, the aiming isn't too hard, it kills with a single shot, moreover you can also camp with it for increasing it's effectiveness.
I'll test the bink, but for now I think it's justified.

quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeRmaybe a delay on the shot like in enemy territory. U shoot and after 1-2 seconds it fires.
Oha, that's just what I talked about with Denacke, Hanayo and Steadicat, but I thought it could be good for barret, too. Imho that's a really good idea, but as I said, I'd also like it with barret. Since the barret's great advantage is that you can easily kill someone before he even thinks about reacting, I think this would balance it very well. Perhaps Barret shouldn't be binked that much then. Imho a great idea for both, LAW and Barret. *prepares for being flamed*

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 11:32 pm
It's a good idea but it conflict with the whole idea of the LAW.
the Law used to save u in close combats at the same moment.
setting it with delay time would change it's whole meaning.

grand_diablo
June 15, 2005, 11:40 pm
the law is a bazooka, those arent meant for close combat :p

but youre right aswell, its often used for close combat, although knife and socom make more sense there. Eventhough im used to law and would have problems by getting used to such a delay in close combat, id see it as a good change, so id switch my secondary either to socom or law, depending on what the situation needs.

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 11:49 pm
well that's right, let's hope all the others would agree with that as well.. :)

Cookie.
June 16, 2005, 5:04 am
Dropping back the law would make more people move over to soccom again which is good and would probably balance out the secondary usage :P To really balance secondary usage give chainsaw unlimited ammo again and the same stuff from 1.1.4 lol :P

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 10:40 am
Interestign idea, with the delay. We'd have to test it and see how it works.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 16, 2005, 11:42 am
I'll try to make the LAW delay, sounds nice.

KnOt
June 16, 2005, 2:08 pm
Okkaaaayyyy.. Make sure you make the reload a bit faster in that case ;<