( search forums )
Soldat SigCenter - Up & running again...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
mar77a
June 17, 2005, 7:05 pm
Okay, the project is stable now. Info at website:

.* http://www.soldatsigcenter.tk/ *.

FliesLikeABrick
June 17, 2005, 11:20 pm
ok, so what do you need help with?

mar77a
June 17, 2005, 11:46 pm
basically, the program that sends the info of what server you are playing in...

FliesLikeABrick
June 18, 2005, 1:33 am
sounds like the kinda thing that enesce would be good for

dsfreak
June 19, 2005, 1:43 am
Well, this might easily acchieved by scanning the ports for a connection to a Soldat server, then display an IP address, anyone wanna hack at it? (hack meaning take a try on it)

KeFear
June 19, 2005, 7:25 pm
well, maybe a little app should be writen which stays in the background and sends info to a central server to update the database then a php script could easily make the sig from it.

Soldat itselfs saves the last joined ip to soldat.ini doesn't it? If it does, it would be a piece of cake to write it.

FliesLikeABrick
June 19, 2005, 7:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearwell, maybe a little app should be writen which stays in the background and sends info to a central server to update the database then a php script could easily make the sig from it.

Soldat itselfs saves the last joined ip to soldat.ini doesn't it? If it does, it would be a piece of cake to write it.

Yeah, this is how it would have to be done, the only thing i wasn't sure about is how to get the information about whether or not someone is actually playing, and where. You just answered the question of how to tell where they are playing, but it is still difficult to tell if they are playing or not

mar77a
June 19, 2005, 8:10 pm
Well, hte sig could just say:

"Server im currently playing/Last played:"

KeFear
June 19, 2005, 8:30 pm
Well, to tell if you are playing or not, the app should check if any connection is made to that ip or/and soldat is running. I don't think any of these are a big problem.

mar77a
June 19, 2005, 9:22 pm
Ok, KeFear if you are willing to help me, add me on MSN -> jmartty@hotmail.com

-thx

KeFear
June 19, 2005, 9:49 pm
Okay, i did ;) i'm hlaki@freemail.hu on msn

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 1:36 pm
If you still need help or somthing this this, gimme a buzz; cuz im bored (Please refrain from swearing)less over here with no projects. Sockets are my speciality ^_^

Are you trying to get the IP + Port of the server currently being played in?

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 22, 2005, 3:21 pm
cool i got it

hock3y
June 22, 2005, 5:19 pm
The link doesn't work for me, it asks me to register a domain :(

Edit: That was weird it works now that I clicked it again.

mar77a
June 22, 2005, 9:36 pm
I see i have to enlarge the pic...

Yukwunhang
June 23, 2005, 6:41 am
Maybe you show the IP and Port of the server that person is playing on, or we join that server when we click the pic.

.alex.oner.
June 24, 2005, 12:27 pm
bah.. didnt work for me :( no idea why? i think mabye because my name has the character '*' in it.. possibley? oh well.. :'(

KeFear
June 24, 2005, 2:21 pm
yeah, possibly. register a new name without * and ?

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 9:01 pm
ok.. so.. if anyone is ever interested, i think sigcenter is up and running again. now it generates a forum-safe image with jpg extension instead of php. Have fun using it, any suggestions, comments, etc are welcome.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 17, 2005, 9:34 am
yippe

mar77a
July 17, 2005, 2:59 pm
Well, you have to update your sig...change .php for .jpg...