( search forums )
Minimi
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
June 17, 2005, 7:40 pm

Since day one i've been completely crap with minimi for some reason.

Anyhow, judged from friendly fire percentages:

15% damage per body shot, and 17% per head shot (on average).

Basically we're talking 6-9 shots for a kill, which overall ain't too bad considering the clip size. However i'm not sure the minimi truly competes with other weapons as it is right now.

Alas, although I frollick around with just about every weapon, I can't say I know what's best for minimi. What you guys think?

MisterX
June 17, 2005, 7:46 pm
I haven't tested it yet, but at least it sounds like it's ok now. I mean, if you want to make it be as good as any other weapon, it would be very, very similiar to AK, wouldn't it? As long as it's a good weapon mainly for support, like when you're defending your flagcarrier, would be enough for me.

Sekushi
June 17, 2005, 7:48 pm
I think minimi's damage might be okay. Auto's need to be weaker due to their clip size. Although, the minimi comes off as a heavier auto, with larger rounds. What are the percentages for the other autos? I think the minimi should be judged on how strong it is according to the other autos, mainly, and be made a bit stronger than the others.

MisterX
June 17, 2005, 7:57 pm
But then it needs to have other advantages. Because in 1.2.1 Minimi is just as good as AK, so too strong. A slower fire rate is ok on the one hand, but then again on the other hand this makes it much easier to aim, and you can also shoot much longer, so that you can nearly just hold the fire button and run after your enemy until he's dead, because you can shoot that long.

Psyl3ntShad0w
June 17, 2005, 9:29 pm
how about if it has a lag time like the minigun where it has to load a bit before it unleashes hell or would that encourage holding down the fire button to spray? I was thinking some of the recoil in realistic mode could be implimented for the minimi so that you have to let go of the fire button?

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:32 am
Maybe make it more powerful but more inaccurate when fired on the move, opposed to straight firing when crouched or proned.

LazehBoi
June 18, 2005, 12:50 pm
Eh... Wouldn't making it more powerful turn it back to what it is in 1.2.1? I've found that sprayers usually float in the air on a good point (the top of the middle hill in viet for example).

KnOt
June 18, 2005, 8:04 pm
I think it's fine as it is now. It's not overpowered anymore, and it's not (Please refrain from swearing) either. I managed to hold my ground with it in a DM..