( search forums )
Ak74
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
June 18, 2005, 10:41 pm
I think it's a bit overpowered, especially from above. I don't want it to become useless on the other hand. I think I'm going to modify the hit point ratios, a bit less for the head. It should solve all the auto weapon problems, what do you think?

Chakra`
June 18, 2005, 10:53 pm
Honestly, not sure.

Me and sticky came up with this game. One of us throws a knife up in the air, and when it lands on the ground, we both shoot the crap out of each other while staying still. A rather basic test to see which weapon is superior (providing 100% accuracy).

Basically, both steyr and mp5 - with their faster ROF - whooped the ak74, leaving the non-ak user with about 15% health left.

And for a few useless stats, say no more!

AK74 = 17% per body hit, 21% head - most damage per shot from any auto, yet an accurate MP5 or Steyr will beat it. takes about 5-7 shots to kill.
Steyr = 12% per body hit - 15% per head - 8-10 shots for a kill!
mp5 = 13-4% per body hit 16% head
minimi = 15% body, 17% head

Stat's were judged from me and Sticky being on the same team with Friendly Fire on (to see each other's health in percentages).

I think the AK's problem is that it's too 'accurate'. I find I can follow the projectile and correct my aim far more easily than with other autos. Just my 2 cents.

Cold Fusion
June 18, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI think I'm going to modify the hit point ratios, a bit less for the head.

Yes, best time to experiment is now.

Meandor
June 18, 2005, 11:34 pm
It is, kind of.. compared to other autos though.
quote:Originally posted by MeandorMaybe a new sort of 'auto-bink' could be added (not only to ruger) that works like this: firing at the weapon maximum rate of fire causes very slight inaccuracy. This would represent in part recoil (adding full recoil like in real mode would be excessive) and the fact that some weapons aren't very accurate in long bursts. Realistically speaking, this value would vary for each weapon.

I still prefer this solution over the usual damage reduction. Steyr should be more accurate than ak on this value.

DeMonIc
June 19, 2005, 8:40 am
Meh, are we talking about the same Ak74 here? The one I know isn't powerfull as a single weapon: it's fierce power comes into play when massing it. That's why we should start playing those bcw-s, because 1v1 testings won't sort out weapon balance problems.

palloco
June 19, 2005, 10:08 am
The solution is what Cold Fusion suggested, modifying the hit point ratios to 105 100 95 and maybe the damages of the autos should be increased a 2% from what it is now.

KnOt
June 19, 2005, 10:21 am
I think that all the autos are fine as they are.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 19, 2005, 11:42 am
Meandor: That sounds a bit like CS. The autos would have to be like 3-5 hit kill weapons if they became innacurate after a burst.