( search forums )
The M79
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
DeMonIc
June 19, 2005, 11:19 am
Since we're making a topic about every weapon, here it is: the M79.

Non-broken popularity surrounds this gun, it's unique style and universality make it a lethal ally. Now that the bullet speed has been changed, people need to adopt to it. It's easier to dodge now, and harder to use, since it has quite some bink on it too.

As I see it, maybe it needs a bit less bink: otherwise it's perfectly balanced.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 19, 2005, 11:44 am
The speed of the bullet is the same now as in versions 1.1.x. I already see the complaining but what the hell, I think this weapon should be more challenging.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 11:54 am
I agree, its perfect as-is.

?
June 20, 2005, 4:00 pm
I agree with michal, though I have seen it less used in publics now than before.

KnOt
June 20, 2005, 6:10 pm
I played some 1.2.1 on a public server yesteryday .. 75% were m79's (barret was disabled) , including me.. Then I started using an auto and most of em changed.. Either i'm a trend setter or once an auto comes in to play, the m79 is forced to go away..

Chakra`
June 20, 2005, 6:22 pm
Strange that, isn't it. Almost makes you feel 'special' as well, yet i'm sure it happens to alot of us. We use one weapon, and given five minutes half the server is.

But yeah, despite this bizarre logic, I find most euroservers hampered with mostly m79 players, which is odd. Granted it's powerful, but surely it's weaknesses put your average player off? Bloody annoying in mass, I tell ya.

M79 is fine as it is anyhow. #8224; whooped my ass with it.

MisterX
June 20, 2005, 7:50 pm
I guess this "trend-setting" just happens because people see someone is good with his weapon, so they try it theirselves. Then others see themselves killed by these weapon, so they use it as well to be able to compete. And so on .. :)

But at least most often when I join a usual european server, mostly Barret is used. That's why I always play on our public server where it's disabled, but as long as it's not, at least about 50% are using it, and that's what I really hate..

Michal Marcinkowski
June 21, 2005, 4:56 pm
It's flocking instincts. People behave like a herd of cows on public servers :).

?
June 21, 2005, 6:25 pm
Aye that happens int he Arby's drive thru also, and of course if it gets more challenging to use the flock might decide to go back to whatever gun they are good at.

btw I am guessing the #8224 is suppose to be ?

Bugs Revenge
June 22, 2005, 1:34 pm
hmm.. I just wanna know your oppinions about the m79 is loaded when respawning(it works this way in the new version)
do you think it should be this way? or just like the old versions?

-you could take a look at its discussion at the other topic :
[URL]

?
June 22, 2005, 9:18 pm
I like it being loaded, it will be good for public servers since alot of spawncampign goes on and m79ers usually can't get a shot off before being camped.