( search forums )
more registering benefits
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
m00`
June 20, 2005, 12:57 pm
referring to this topic: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=24421

I dont think people are encouraged to register enough, I think registering will need more benefits like special accessories? bunny hat? glasses? :P

this was suggested in the last beta but never came through and i would like to see this :P

and, no please dont say 'mod it your self' having special accessories for everyone to see would be pretty cool and more people will be encouraged to register...

Bugs Revenge
June 20, 2005, 1:00 pm
I think he's better fix the bugs first instead of doing those futures.

grand_diablo
June 20, 2005, 1:25 pm
I agree with bugs, still sunglasses would own ^^

N1nj@
June 20, 2005, 1:54 pm
dudes, seriously, we really got to stop suggesting more stuff for Michal to add into the game. I think we have enough...stick to finding the bugs for Michal, that's what we here for.

Chakra`
June 20, 2005, 2:33 pm
Yeah Ninj@ is right. A few suggestions here and there are ok but we're pushing our luck now.

(but dude, sunglasses!)

FliesLikeABrick
June 21, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@dudes, seriously, we really got to stop suggesting more stuff for Michal to add into the game. I think we have enough...stick to finding the bugs for Michal, that's what we here for.

k, after the sunglasses and bunny hat... but in general i think it is time for soldat to develop stability wise, especially server side. we need servers that can stay online for weeks at a time... that is the main people don't rent servers, is because they have to keep restarting them and checking in on them

m00`
June 21, 2005, 2:37 am
alright alright, bugs first but I have been noticing people sayign stuff like "OMGZ REGISTERING IS SO SUX IT HARDLY GIVES YOU ANY FEATURES LIEK OH NOOOOOOOO'SSSSSSS

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 6:41 am
It would be nice to have more features, but I also think that perhaps releasing a more stable Soldat is tha main importance.

However, a new set of features for registering would bring in a LOT of new registrations, which means a greater emphasis for work on Soldat's stability.

DeMonIc
June 21, 2005, 10:07 am
How about more user-made registered interfaces integrated as default? People are lazy, and if they see like 8-10 choices of registered interfaces, they'll probably think registering over a few times.

KnOt
June 21, 2005, 10:35 am
A dumb interface would never make me want to register.. SUNGLASSES ON THE OTHER HAND -_-

m00`
June 21, 2005, 10:48 am
knot if your wearing somthing special other people will get jealous and would want it too, the star next to your name is not enough

| edit : okey then lol
|
V

KnOt
June 21, 2005, 10:55 am
I know.. I was serious about the sun glasses ;U

SERIAL KILLeR
June 21, 2005, 11:13 am
Customizable headgear so you can make you own sunglasses, bunny ears, masks, etc, !
Its only 2 files of 174 bytes...

MisterX
June 21, 2005, 1:25 pm
Something like this would definately be amazing. It could also be just an option, so that you wouldn't necessarily need to see the stuff other people are wearing. It would be a great reason for buying Soldat for sure. But otherwise, how safe would it be? Just imagine virusses being sent to your computer together with the players' headgear..

grand_diablo
June 21, 2005, 1:57 pm
this is possible with other files too, so isnt less safe

Cookie.
June 21, 2005, 2:15 pm
Definatly sunglasses and bunny panties and ears are needed hahaa

arC
June 21, 2005, 2:23 pm
I'd love to have more benefits. Being the only one in a group of friends that actually -payed- for a reg key, all the way from Aussie, via cash order, deserves more bonuses than just pure pride :P

(btw it cost me $20 in total)

Michal Marcinkowski
June 21, 2005, 5:15 pm
It's not that easy to extend the Soldat gear. I programmed it in such a crappy way...

Chakra`
June 21, 2005, 5:58 pm
Alright, alright, here's a simple solution.

I see two types of soldat these days. People wearing helmets, and people with dreadlocks. Very little inbetween is used.

So why not replace the cap - the other helmet that looks pretty much the same, or I never see anyone use it 'cos I just can't tell - with sunglasses. One of you guys can do it and, if our dear boy Michal approves, we can have soldat's that wear shades and can take them off with the /takeoff command, just like a helmet.

Could that be done? I imagine the gostek alignment of it would have to be lowered in some way. Can't say I know if that's easy or not.

KnOt
June 21, 2005, 6:03 pm
There is a difference between the helmet and the hat.. and I prefer to keep my hair short thank you very much! But yeah.. If sunglasses were to replace anything it should be the hat if you ask me.. Nobody ever uses it.

N1nj@
June 21, 2005, 7:40 pm
Lets not remove anything and change how Soldat was originally was, hat has been there for a long time so it shouldn't be removed.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 8:07 pm
I use the hat :(

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 10:02 pm
Yeah, we can't disassociate the players who do use the cap.

What if we had the ability to add our own headgear, within certain size restraints, that everyone could see as a registered user? They'd be very small in file size and it wouldn't be but a moment to transfer it to everyone.

MisterX
June 21, 2005, 10:14 pm
That's just what sk suggested Lapis ;) I guess ANYONE would love it, but depends on if it's realisable.

[Edit]
These 4 new, blue stars right underneath my nick are sexy!

m00`
June 22, 2005, 7:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliYeah, we can't disassociate the players who do use the cap.

What if we had the ability to add our own headgear, within certain size restraints, that everyone could see as a registered user? They'd be very small in file size and it wouldn't be but a moment to transfer it to everyone.

this would be awsome, and I could imagine clans making their members use their special hat or somthing :p

KnOt
June 22, 2005, 11:20 am
Yeah.. that would be pretty cool.. Too bad it's not gonna happen, heh.

grand_diablo
June 22, 2005, 12:52 pm
bleh, I think its enough if we had 2-3 more things like sunglasses, another hairstyle (why cant we choose a bald Soldat?) or sth like that. At least for 1.2.2.