( search forums )
About the knife.
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 7:10 pm
<Chakra`> even I use knife ...but never as a primary ...i can't stand it when all they ever seem to do is rush in with a knife
<Chakra`> i use a secondary 'as' a secondary ...for backup, when all else fails
<Evil-Ville> Yes
<Evil-Ville> Rushing with knife makes me want to THROW UP.
<Chakra`> hmm, thats a point
<Evil-Ville> Also, you seem to like my avatar Stalky.
<Chakra`> heres an idea we could promote ...what do you think .....knive's air-speed being slower by a few notches
<Evil-Ville> Yes!
<Chakra`> you suggest it...i'm enough of a damn spam whore as it is

There.

Chakra`
June 20, 2005, 7:16 pm
..jeez...i even spam other people's threads without even posting.

grand_diablo
June 20, 2005, 7:39 pm
I think the knife is fine as it is, just one thing should be changed:

the knife should have the same delay as any other weapon on respawning before you can throw it. I simply hate it, when I grab the flag on maps like Viet and some nearby respawning player just throws his knife into my head and I dont even have the chance to hurt him. And such lucky respawns sometimes decide a lot ;o

Tha Doggfather
June 20, 2005, 8:00 pm
I haven't asked for anything else so here goes:

DO NOT CHANGE THE KNIFE! AT ALL!

kthxbye

MisterX
June 20, 2005, 8:24 pm
I also think it's alright. As long as LAW is a not-to-hard-to-use 1-hit-kill weapon, and as long as Socom can nearly compete with a primary weapon, I guess it's just fine that the knife with it's not-too-easy aiming is this good. I mean, throws over longer distances aren't easy anyway. But I guess a delay could be fine, for preventing such "spawnkills" g_d mentioned.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 20, 2005, 10:03 pm
I think there are people that train all day with the knife, if I change it by 0.001% it'll be bad. I don't understand your point, it's easy too kill a guy that's rushing with a knife, who cares?

KnOt
June 20, 2005, 10:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloI think the knife is fine as it is, just one thing should be changed:

the knife should have the same delay as any other weapon on respawning before you can throw it. I simply hate it, when I grab the flag on maps like Viet and some nearby respawning player just throws his knife into my head and I dont even have the chance to hurt him. And such lucky respawns sometimes decide a lot ;o

Yup, that's the most annoying thing ever (unless you're the one who makes the kill -_- )

Meandor
June 21, 2005, 3:23 pm
The only thing that I think should be changed is the delay after spawning, like some others said. Otherwise the secondaries are fine. Just like you can use the socom to kill a person with full health nearby or one with the law from afar. Although they need to be backed up, I don't see why secondaries should be weaker.