( search forums )
Prancing
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
arC
June 21, 2005, 6:56 am
I just thought i'd bring up the point about how jumping forward is faster than running.... would it be bad if we nerfed jumping forward so that people used running more? Just and idea... state your opinions, thanks :)

June 21, 2005, 8:31 am
Why would we want to do that? What's wrong with jumping?

m00`
June 21, 2005, 9:12 am
i thinks its fine as it is, nerfing the jump will make the game slower unless you decide to make us move faster while running

DeMonIc
June 21, 2005, 10:03 am
Some sort of tiredness system perhaps? So the more jumps you make in a short while, the slower you'll be. Just my 2 cents, we should concentrate on the bugs more though.

KnOt
June 21, 2005, 10:38 am
No.. No No NO NO NO NO! NO! NO!!!

Leave it the hell alone :Q

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 10:39 am
Woah there, lets not destroy soldat as we know it. Changing weapons gets drastic enough but lets not touch the physics again.

grand_diablo
June 21, 2005, 11:37 am
the only thing that needs to be reworked by now is the backflip as it is too horizontal and powerful, but leave the normal runjumping alone ;o.

MisterX
June 21, 2005, 1:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by KnOtNo.. No No NO NO NO NO! NO! NO!!!

Leave it the hell alone :Q

!

I love how you can only be very fast if you know when exactly to jump, and wich angle the ground has to have you want to jump on (ugh, sucky grammar, hope you understand the sentence). It's similiar to Painkiller in my opinion. Painkiller is usually very, very slow when you're only running. But if you watch professional players playing.. they just jump all the time, and this makes the game be one of the fastest, if not the fastest ego-shooter.
If you don't know how to jump correctly in Soldat, learn it. But it DEFINATELY has to stay the way it is. It's a main and very important part of Soldat, at least for me.

b00stA
June 21, 2005, 1:50 pm
ffs, leave it as it is! I don't want Soldat to become any slower.

arC
June 21, 2005, 2:14 pm
Ok jeez guys lol, just offering an idea =) Glad to know where that issue stands

Michal Marcinkowski
June 21, 2005, 5:13 pm
No I'm not changing anything like that, sorry.