( search forums )
Big bug and potential cheat in weapons editor
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 5:45 pm
I've only noticed this with the barret but it may happen for other guns too...

I had a modified weapons.ini with Barret set at 4 ammo and I joined an online game which was using default weapon settings. Whenever I chose Barret, it spawned with 4 ammo loaded instead of 10 and I had to reload to get the full amount. This happened to Ville too who was only using 1 ammo :o

Michal Marcinkowski
June 21, 2005, 5:52 pm
Yey I thought you would never find a serious bug ;).

grand_diablo
June 21, 2005, 5:55 pm
mmh does it work if you have higher ammo than set on the server (means: you need to reload after 12 instead of 10 shots etc)?

Cause if you cant have a higher ammo than the server set, I wouldnt call it that serious, in case youd call worsening a gun cheating ^^

needs to be fixed though

KnOt
June 21, 2005, 5:56 pm
HAHAHA.. Michal - 10, Stalky - 0

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 5:58 pm
;_;

I'm gonna test this with different values now, gimme 5 minutes.

EDIT: Ok, this ammo problem happens for all guns (I think). Also, if you set a gun to have more ammo than normal, it spawns with that amount of ammo, then realises its wrong and automatically reloads (o_o).

Cold Fusion
June 21, 2005, 6:37 pm
On a side note, if you have a modified weapons.ini locally and join a server which has default weapons, it still says the server has modified weapons, and you get the weapon stats on the weap menu. (Even though the weapons are default settings)

Michal Marcinkowski
June 21, 2005, 7:07 pm
OK. Check it more if you can abuse the modded weapons. And please check if the server might kick for some reason with modded weapons.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 24, 2005, 2:47 pm
Also found that some setting on your weapons.ini still work on a server with other settings

I changed the chainsaw to an LAW bullet type and increased the speed(distance) a bit. So it shot rockets that exploded in 1 meter or so, but on the server the explosion didnt hurt me but gave me a huge boost.
here's a movie to illustrate it : http://www.denacke.net/matthi/temp/omg.mpg

The chainsaw still worked as a normal chainsaw to hurt the other players (bots in my case) and after i died and respawned the chainsaw was normal again.

here's the chainsaw stats:
[CODE]
[Chainsaw]
Damage=15000
FireInterval=5
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=5
Speed=-180
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1[/CODE]
It only started a vote kick by server for cheating when i added a bot (boogie man) that also used chainsaw.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 25, 2005, 1:42 pm
Wow that's pretty cool ;).

Outcast
June 25, 2005, 11:18 pm
HAHAHAHA that kicks ass :)
Best abuse ever ;)

June 26, 2005, 12:36 am
Ville managed to use this exploding saw to jet around my server, and got floodkicked 30 seconds later.