( search forums )
Having EnEsCe on the beta team
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
June 22, 2005, 2:55 am

Ok. Contraversial, I know.

For those of you who don't know, EnEsCe is pretty much the most famed (ex) hacker for Soldat. He now spends his Soldat'ing helping out and giving advice and what not in the Server Forum, as well as a few other nick nacks i'm not really aware of. I don't really look into the server side of things to see how he's helped, but from what I can tell he's reverted into a 'good guy'.

Why he would want to associate with retards like most of us around here is another matter completely.

But now consider this. As we speak, i'm seeing about a hacker every day or two in Soldat no matter where I go. Speed hacks primarily, though i've also witnessed alot of jet-hacks, respawning-where-they-died hacks, and most especially a hack that evades vote-banning.
All of which are very annoying.

In Soldat 1.2.2, I fear (with no qualification towards certainty) that with the new fangled Weapons Editor released, there could perhaps be worse hacking threats to face.

So here's my proposal. Get EnEsCe in here, or someone of equal qualifications if found and equally trustworthy, and have him find all the vulnerabilities there is to Soldat 'before' it gets released.

Also take into consideration that any deceitful actions that he could possibly make won't make the hacking future for 1.2.2 any worse...just sooner.

What do you think?

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 3:06 am
I completely, 100% entirely agree.

FliesLikeABrick
June 22, 2005, 3:07 am
granted that all you guys in this forum have been her for a while, you know where i stand

Cookie.
June 22, 2005, 3:08 am
I say no and bring back Ardaen!

All Enesce knew was TEH VALU3 and then he went crazy and changed it!!! To me it wasn't that impressive :\

N1nj@
June 22, 2005, 3:27 am
I don't know much about hacking, but it's pretty hard to make soldat hack-proof...even with the help of a hacker.

n00bface
June 22, 2005, 3:35 am
i vote for ardaen

Kazuki
June 22, 2005, 3:44 am
I have seen Ardaen only once ever since 1.1.5.

I completely agree as well. Maybe I'm gullible if I believe that EnEsCe has transfered to our side, but so be it. I read on one of the "hacking forums" how some hacker ( an actual hacker, not one of those trainer kids ) was bashing on NSC, calling him a pussy and so forth; said NSC had gone soft and stopped hacking, which supposedly causes him to lose a great deal of respect from that community.

N1nj@
June 22, 2005, 4:00 am
NSC? national soldat centre?

Kazuki
June 22, 2005, 4:42 am
EnEsCe = NSC

BManx2000
June 22, 2005, 4:47 am
On the subject of ardaen, I once met him in a pub (lic server, not a bar :P). He was testing hax :o (only so he could report them to Michal, I'm sure ;) )

m00`
June 22, 2005, 7:38 am
i miss that TRS_SAM (was that his name?) guy :p

DeMonIc
June 22, 2005, 8:31 am
Look, EnEsCe has done a lot to gain our trust, but I think letting him into the beta testing team would be a step made too soon.

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:11 am
I agree with Demonic.

KnOt
June 22, 2005, 10:19 am
I saw a 'good' hacker at a public server.. I was playing witha fake nick, so I asked if he knew enesce.. He said that he did, and when I declared that he was the king of hacks, he didn't argue.. Perhaps this means he's still up to his old tricks? Or maybe he just knew the old enesce.. Anyway, I don't trust him at all.. To be honest I always thought that he was just being a 'good guy' now, to gain our trust etc, so that he can work his way 'in' and then do some real damage..

MisterX
June 22, 2005, 12:28 pm
Just let Michal decide.. It's a risky decision imho. Someone who purposely tried to ruin a whole game could want to do it again. Even if he wouldn't do it. Just saying "ok, well, you did it, by who cares, you did something good now!" wouldn't be ok in my opinion.. And then if he even has access to the beta versions..
But since it's Michal's game, let him decide.

grand_diablo
June 22, 2005, 12:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcLook, EnEsCe has done a lot to gain our trust, but I think letting him into the beta testing team would be a step made too soon.

I agree 100% with that.

If Enesce keeps on contributing like in the past few months, he might be a candidate for the betatest of 1.2.3, but for now I think itd be too soon.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 22, 2005, 12:57 pm
I'll think about it. I don't think he can do anything bad but I fear that he will invent a lot of hacks that I don't fix and then what will he do with them?

Bugs Revenge
June 22, 2005, 1:25 pm
he could do them anyway after the game is released.
so it doesn't realy matter when he does it.. he could only do good for us in my oppinioin at least.
we can only hope he wouldn't invent any other hax.. ^^

b00stA
June 22, 2005, 3:45 pm
I'm pretty neutral about this. If Michal decides to let him in, I'll do that.

Alamo
June 24, 2005, 10:17 am
I'm against. He has become a nice guy and helped me fix my comp, but to be honest, I do not trust him yet.