( search forums )
Barret Camera
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Soap
June 22, 2005, 1:47 pm
When a player fires the barret from prone, the camera follows the bullet. My opinions are scattered on this one. On one side, it can be used to reveal the location of enemies which otherwise you would not be able to see. On the other side, a sniper rifle normally allows a person to do this, likewise with binoculars.

Opinions? Personally, I think this should be removed because it is beardy.

grand_diablo
June 22, 2005, 2:05 pm
I agree, the cam following the bullet is often used to spy. Maybe this should be a serverside option like sniperline.

Cold Fusion
June 22, 2005, 2:08 pm
I don't have a problem with this feature, so I say keep it.

N1nj@
June 22, 2005, 2:11 pm
barret has been like this for like so friggin long, the camera follows the bullet when u are crouching too. Leave it dude.

grand_diablo
June 22, 2005, 2:14 pm
I dont think it should be removed either, but since this cam feature is used to spy, it should be a serverside option, so ppl can - for example - freely use it on publics while it could be disabled in clanwars.

Soap
June 22, 2005, 2:17 pm
Is realistic mode often used in clanwars? It wouldn't be as big an issue in realistic mode.

N1nj@
June 22, 2005, 2:57 pm
dude, what's there to spy about man? The bullet doesn't even last that long and it doesn't even go in a straight line and also that the bullet eventually goes faster than the camera, which makes it hard to see...

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 3:42 pm
People should really stop posting asking for typical features of soldat to be removed. Its not going to happen and it shouldn't happen.

grand_diablo
June 22, 2005, 4:02 pm
I only say that it eventually should be a server option :p

Soap
June 22, 2005, 4:19 pm
quote: People should really stop posting asking for typical features of soldat to be removed. Its not going to happen and it shouldn't happen.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 4:24 pm
We're beta testers. If you want to suggest things for the game, take it to Game Improvements/Suggestions. Getting to test a beta doesn't mean you get to change what you like about the game.

Oh, and if you feel like trolling people, go and fester in the Bash Pit please.

N1nj@
June 22, 2005, 6:49 pm
ya! go stalky! lol

Kazuki
June 22, 2005, 7:35 pm
Soap, Stalky wasn't whining. You asked for opinions and he gave you his. Next time, you shouldn't ask for opinions if you're going to bash on the ones that you don't like.

On topic, I suggest that the bullet only be followed by the camera when the player is proning. If they are only crouching, he would still have the scope, but the camera wouldn't follow the bullet. That's the best compromise I could come up with.

Soap
June 23, 2005, 12:08 am
What's with people suddenly becoming ultra sensitive on the internet?

I understand what you are all saying, however. But regardless of forum politics, I agree with Diablo on this one.

N1nj@
June 23, 2005, 12:36 am
What compromise, kaz? It was always like this, and I think its fun. There was never a spying activity problem with barret, and there won't be when 1.2.2 is released. Leave it alone.

KnOt
June 23, 2005, 12:38 am
I would like to be able to get out of the 'barret cam mode'.. Cos it's annoying when you fire at someone, and the bullet goes over their heads and goes for miles and miles, and you helplessly follow it while you're being shot at..

m00`
June 23, 2005, 7:38 am
i think its fine as it is, it was always like this, btw this was mentioned last beta. oh and i dont agree that it should be an option, we have enough options

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2005, 2:56 pm
There has been discussions on it. I'm not going to remove anything like this. Don't ask for removing stuff that has been here for a long time, unless you've really got a point.

Bugs Revenge
June 24, 2005, 12:59 am
I realy like it. don't remove it :(
none actualy uses barret ;) yeah right.