( search forums )
Change team bug?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Hercule Poirot
June 23, 2005, 4:47 pm
Ok when you join on some server and play there few minutes then teams are like 2vs6 or something like that and ppl will say "TEAMS!!!" and you think ok i'll change and you press esc thend choose change team of course there is now 2-3 ppl who changed to other team already and you're on change team window/box and even you don't want to change team you will have to click some team so you go back on your old team and lose all your scores... so my point here is that when choosing change team and you don't want to change any team that little box should go away pressing esc or there should be option to go back... i find this really annoying and this happens to me very often.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2005, 6:37 pm
Or I can make that if you change to the same team you are in you just stay there and don't lose points.

grand_diablo
June 23, 2005, 6:44 pm
has the same effect as leaving this window would have, so I guess thats a solution too

DeMonIc
June 23, 2005, 7:33 pm
Nope, that'd be bad because rejoining in long respawn time servers would go wild.

Cold Fusion
June 23, 2005, 8:02 pm
Just having a cancel button would solve that problem.

Kazuki
June 23, 2005, 8:14 pm
Michal, are you sure your idea wouldn't be abused? If for some reason someone needs to return to their base, they could just change to the same team. =|

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiMichal, are you sure your idea wouldn't be abused? If for some reason someone needs to return to their base, they could just change to the same team. =|

Good point Kazuki, nicely thought out.

It'd be better if you press esc to cancel the change teams box.

Denacke
June 23, 2005, 8:45 pm
Just a simple
if team = chosen_team {
close window & do nothing
}

should do.

Kazuki
June 24, 2005, 1:49 am
I would like that, too. A combination of both Escape = close and trying to switch to same team = does nothing would be wonderful.