( search forums )
Barret?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
MisterX
June 26, 2005, 8:56 am
In my opinion Barret needs more disadvantages. Perhaps it shouldn't be much weaker in particular, but at least it should have more disadvantages, so less people use it. Mostly every time I join a public server that hasn't got Barret disabled, there are nearly ONLY Barreters. Something has to be done against this if you ask me.
What do you think?

m00`
June 26, 2005, 10:08 am
i think its fine as it is

Chakra`
June 26, 2005, 10:21 am
Things usually change for me once I start using an auto. Granted I prefer ruger on most occasions, but various weapons in a team is always wise, and can usually force the enemy to reconsider.

Personally I find it's m79's that are overused. Maybe it's shorter reload than the barret has brought 1-shot converters to it. But whatever, I get by. They're not the greatest of weapons, just damned annoying.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 10:44 am
quote:Originally posted by MisterXSomething has to be done against this if you ask me.

Pfft. Stop using Barret/M79/Ruger yourself and start using Steyr Aug or AK74. Bink works, but Barret is still powerful only in a non-automatic environment.

MisterX
June 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
I mostly use Deagles *rolleyes* Just imagine you join a public server with 9/10 Players. 9 use Barret, you use Steyr. Now imagine how well bink works. And at least when I play public, it's not really uncommon that 80-90% of the players on the server use Barret, yknow. And still, then the rest mostly uses M79.

Hitman
June 26, 2005, 9:46 pm
THE BARRET IS FINE THE WAY IT IS!

MisterX
June 26, 2005, 10:29 pm
How nice it'd be if people actually read my post. I don't say it's overpowered, I say it's overused.

grand_diablo
June 26, 2005, 10:33 pm
Well, its balanced well now imo, so the barret being overused should not be a reason to weaken it more. Whenever you meet a bunch of barretards, spray them awhile and they will change their weapon :)

Outcast
June 26, 2005, 11:29 pm
It's fine. I get annoyed by it too sometimes, but it's fine.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 11:43 pm
Yes, the barret is overused, but nerfing it further will not fix this. Whether you want to believe it or not, sniper rifles are cool weapons. Like the M79, that's not as competitive as the other guns anymore, but people are still using it because grenade launchers are damn fun.