( search forums )
Stats
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Messenjah
June 26, 2005, 12:26 pm
I'm thinking of making a server extention that allows statistics logging (ie how many bullets shot, accuracy, etc) and was wondering if anyone has any idea how to begin going about it. I have no experience in Delphi, but I have quite a bit of experience in C++ and Java. I was thinking of editing the server admin to recieve the appropriate data from the server and then dump it to a text file, which an independant program can then analyse and publish to maybe a web server or something.

Does the server have some sort of console output or anything like that? I know most Half Life games (I'm a huge Day of Defeat fan) have a command called condump which dumps the console (which holds all of the information of the match, who killed who, what flags were captured, etc) to a text tile. If something like this was available for the Soldat dedicated server, that would help a lot...

Any ideas?

I can't play very well, but I'm a stats junkie, so I'd enjoy creating and using this sort of thing.

KeFear
June 26, 2005, 3:07 pm
As far as i know, the server doesn't send such data, but it would be great if we could get these data also.

Messenjah
June 26, 2005, 3:17 pm
That it would be. The information is stored and processed by the server... now we just need to figure out how to get it out.

FliesLikeABrick
June 26, 2005, 7:47 pm
accuracy and the kinds of statistics you are looking for are not processed by the server nor output in any form. the only information that is output is in the log files in soldat\logs

Messenjah
June 27, 2005, 4:09 am
Accuracy isn't, but when a shot is fired, it is, and when a shot hits, it is. Even with a shotgun, it registers how many pellets hit. If this sort of data is output, you can then figure out the accuracy to a percentage using a simple algorithm.

i am ahab
June 27, 2005, 8:11 am
if i was to take a guess.
i'd look at a udp packet that gets broadcast by the server...
something like tcp dump should do it...
then i'd look at something that could bind its self to a port that the server is using and if you know what information you're looking for in the packet then you're good to go...
c++ could do it.... java too. most modern languages have what you need. but if you're new to coding just google some tutorials and pick a language you like.