( search forums )
About the net code
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
N1nj@
June 30, 2005, 3:09 am
Is there anything u can do with the net code? Like are you at a point where you can't improve the net code anymore or...? What's the deal?

Michal Marcinkowski
June 30, 2005, 6:30 pm
Well yes I think I am close to that point. There are things that need tweaking and fixing like invisible bullets for example but most of it must be like this because of the way I planned the net code. It can be either like this or it can be Battlefield style where all your movements are made by the server. Then there would be no missed shots and jerkiness but the controls would just suck because you would have to wait like 100ms for your player to move, shoot... It isn't fun that way, that's why Battlefield sucks and Soldat rocks.

FliesLikeABrick
June 30, 2005, 7:22 pm
yeah i have to agree that this style of control is much better than server-side. I think people will stop comaplaining about the netcode as soon as invisible bullets/nades/whatever other bugs there are are worked out, because that is what tends to bother people more than general lag

Cookie.
June 30, 2005, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiWell yes I think I am close to that point. There are things that need tweaking and fixing like invisible bullets for example but most of it must be like this because of the way I planned the net code. It can be either like this or it can be Battlefield style where all your movements are made by the server. Then there would be no missed shots and jerkiness but the controls would just suck because you would have to wait like 100ms for your player to move, shoot... It isn't fun that way, that's why Battlefield sucks and Soldat rocks.

I like Battlefield :(