( search forums )
Soldat's Hall of fame (reset Soldatvotes)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
b00stA
June 30, 2005, 7:51 pm
www.Soldatvotes.tk or http://ircquotes.blaffnet.de/soldatvotes/

This is the old Soldat karma page, modified a bit to suit the "Hall of fame" idea you've probably seen already.

All you guys who still know what this is, your accounts still work, unless you forgot your passwords. In that case, send me a PM or write in this topic.

Signing up
..is done by sending a PM to me. There's no other way. The PM has to include a password (NOT the one for the forums, simply any password that doesn't matter) for your account.
Your login name = your forum name. Nothing else.

For anyone who's interested, here's the old topic about Soldatvotes.

All the old user votes have been deleted.

Please don't forget:
Vote for people who are famous in the
Soldat scene or who are remembered for doing
something/being someone remarkable

If someone's missing from the list, please write about the person here. I'll need to know the forum name.

Right now, anyone who is rated below 1, is not "on the list". Anyone above, is considered to be of fame. I'll set the threshold higher later on.

Spectral
June 30, 2005, 10:55 pm
rawr I can't vote for myself :<

Outcast
June 30, 2005, 11:58 pm
Hehe i cant vote, yet. But by the looks of it people think im not fit for the hall of fame :D
As I said, voting like that is who likes who, got nothing to do with hall of fame :p

?
July 1, 2005, 12:15 am
Woohoo im like in the positive :)

SuperKill
July 1, 2005, 2:56 am
Outcast lets just wait and see how it'll turn up.
personal opinion (yet i'm sure most will agree) - if it turns out that only forum people are titled as 'famous', we'll have to find a new idea. (or an old one)
ps. b00sta, thanks for resetting that page.

Kazuki
July 1, 2005, 3:06 am
I agree. We should wait a bit and see how it turns out. We might have to do this type of thing with the open public, if there's any way to do so. =\

SuperKill
July 1, 2005, 3:29 am
open public voting will only lead to forum personalities turning into hall of famers.

Cookie.
July 1, 2005, 4:02 am
Only letting Superkill and other ultra veterans vote will leave us with only old expired players from 1.0.5b >:P

N1nj@
July 1, 2005, 4:03 am
We need a group of old vets to decide, not the public...

Aquarius
July 1, 2005, 5:12 am
Could you add EnEsCe to the list?

And I forgot my pass. PM it to me please.

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 5:39 am
IMHO i think this should be limited to the people who were once part of the soldat community and have quit it already. Get like a panel of judges with 10-15 people who are both old and new but are strong in the community right now and let them vote for nominees. The nominees can be chosen by the general public but hte hall of famers should be voted in by a panel of judges. and once again only those people that are no longer part of the community :P. thats just my opnion.. make a excepttion for like michal M and styx :P

Marbire
July 1, 2005, 6:07 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Only letting Superkill and other ultra veterans vote will leave us with only old expired players from 1.0.5b >:P

Umm... isn't that a good thing?

And I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea for it to just be people who are no longer playing soldat, like poop said.

I hope that day is near for me....... this game has wasted too much of my time... If I'm playing this game in college I'm going to hang myself.

n00bface
July 1, 2005, 8:23 am
Right now it is a "Who do you like more" contest...same deal as the karma...because...well, how the hell could you get the link for the voting and vote FliesLikeABrick negative?

Why don't you do the "Hall of Fame" OLDE-SCHOOLE! Traditionally, the hall of fame has a board of directors (or something) who nominate people into the hall of fame! How about you just get a list and induct a new person every week for doing some outstanding deed in the soldat community!

July 1, 2005, 1:11 pm
Popularity contest. Leave it out.

b00stA
July 1, 2005, 4:22 pm
I agree that it's about popularity, although I tried to do it differently.
Maybe I should change it next time so you can't vote negatively.

The fact that Flanagan was voted -1/1 just shows how people vote people negatively that they never heard of.

Edit: Added EnEsCe

ThaD
July 1, 2005, 4:35 pm
that's why You should think over the point of doing such list

?
July 1, 2005, 5:38 pm
who the heck voted negative for dna?

SuperKill
July 1, 2005, 5:43 pm
b00sta i think you should change the public voting to default with no option of making it annonymous ;p

b00stA
July 1, 2005, 6:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillb00sta i think you should change the public voting to default with no option of making it annonymous ;p

Done.

Felix
July 1, 2005, 6:13 pm
im even not in the list

those vote are just to make famouse ppl..more famouse, or to prove to famouse ppl how they're famouse -.-

Spectral
July 1, 2005, 8:35 pm
I notice both m00 and eyic are on there. Aren't they the same person?

and I also found LiL FuKa and Kn0t on there

Cookie.
July 1, 2005, 10:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:Originally posted by Cookie.Only letting Superkill and other ultra veterans vote will leave us with only old expired players from 1.0.5b >:P

Umm... isn't that a good thing?

And I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea for it to just be people who are no longer playing soldat, like poop said.

I hope that day is near for me....... this game has wasted too much of my time... If I'm playing this game in college I'm going to hang myself.

I said it first >.< in the other topic
"Well how about this idea then? We only look at players that have long stopped playing Soldat :P and have had a good career at it... Like in sports hall of fames they get put there after they retire"

blackdevil0742
July 1, 2005, 10:52 pm
I agree only über veterans should be able to vote.
Or only moderators?

ReDevil
July 1, 2005, 11:18 pm
I read some of the posts but not all.
And I won't read all of the posts, I saw now all of the "Hall Of Fame" and "Famous" people ?

1. It will be propably be a popularity voting, or should I say.. "lying and decieves?"
2. What makes you feel you got the right to be the.. 'vets' ? I am playing 4 years soldat and got lot's of experience, I can choose the vets and hall of fame, in MY EYES, which will also be the same to the other 'vets' which play same time as me, maybe less, who knows?
3. You dont know lot of people, good people, exprienced people.

Hitman
July 1, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:I am playing 4 years soldatDare I?..

SuperKill
July 1, 2005, 11:29 pm
let him have his fun.
redebil you're such a 'rusi' ;]

Ok
July 2, 2005, 3:00 am
Well that sure outdid my stupid comment that I have been playing for 3 years ^_^

Fangus Deef
July 2, 2005, 4:50 am
vote positive to peemonkey! :(

Unlucky 13
July 2, 2005, 5:06 am
Bah no-one likes me :'(
I'd like reasons, and moderation on the reasons (I want to know what I need to improve on too).

And Hitman...
Never mind, got that wrong.
Heh oh I just noticed my Forum anniversary passed one week ago!

Fangus Deef
July 2, 2005, 6:13 am
happy annaversery hunny! vote me positive like i did you!
wait, i dont give a (Please refrain from swearing) about this thing. i like, dont think half the time im on the internets (:3= (walrus, (Please refrain from swearing)es)

Twinkler
July 2, 2005, 4:58 pm
After looking at __SnoOpy__'s most recent votes, I've come to the conclusion that he is either retarded, or an asshole..

People like him and people like ******(censored for no reason), are the reason why this idea isn't going to work. The only purpose IMHO that it could serve now would be to hold some sort of limited influence over the Veteran voting that Ok have proposed. Kinda of like the electoral college in the U.S., only hopefully it'll work better.

*shrugs*

TIR_Blade
July 2, 2005, 6:13 pm
b00sta, can u please change my name on the list from TIR_Blade to just Blade :p, TIR was my clan when i made this account and i didn't realize clans die back then :P

Unlucky 13
July 3, 2005, 4:16 am
I now suggest that the threshold 0.5, calculated by the score divided by the total amount of votes. The votes should be calculated as Pos = 1, Neg = 0 as it makes more sense and makes it easier to understand.

I am only voting positive, I don't like negative voting.

Cookie.
July 3, 2005, 4:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13I now suggest that the threshold 0.5, calculated by the score divided by the total amount of votes. The votes should be calculated as Pos = 1, Neg = 0 as it makes more sense and makes it easier to understand.

I am only voting positive, I don't like negative voting.

Good because I voted you NEGATIVE! Hahah Jk i didnt vote for you yet ;)

Anyways I find it interesting that people I don't know vote me positive and people I have known since I started playing vote me negative,, sigh

Pulp
July 3, 2005, 4:27 pm
Better change the name to " Soldatforums' Hall of Fame", this got nothing to do with the other " Soldat's hall of fame-idea ".

None thought about the idea some ppl never felt interested to add themselves to ridiculous polls as this ? This is all about selling yourself, just cheap (Please refrain from swearing).
Prolly that's why il'nadj or n2j3 and a bunch of others aren't on the list. God bless them !