( search forums )
Another suggestion - Individual gosteks for teams
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
July 3, 2005, 4:24 pm

Now that we have the full-blown weapons mod, alot of people will be excited and be making graphical mods to go with weapon mods.

eg: counterstrike style weapons, star wars style lasers, paintball, and so on.

One thing I always felt was missing from the modding community however, and would be greatly loved if easily put into Soldat with no real effort or time lost towards making the Soldat we know more stable and perfected for release, is individual gosteks for each team.

Again, a Counterstrike mod as example: Alpha team gosteks designed as terrorists, and Bravo team as SWAT teams. This would make the attraction to servers hosting mods alot more exciting, and players actually downloading and using graphic mods to go with them alot more attractive.

Was just a thought. I know we've spammed enough ideas your way Michal, but I sincerely only make this suggestion from my own excitement and would never ask you to just keep adding our Soldat desires at the cost of the exclusion of what truly matters at the moment.

?
July 3, 2005, 5:09 pm
Ever since this came up the first time I thought it was a great idea.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 5:17 pm
I think having different sets of weapon graphics for each team is more important.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 3, 2005, 7:37 pm
This isn't a bad idea, you can change the team names and stuff but you can't change the team graphics. I might do this, we'll see.

KnOt
July 4, 2005, 1:19 am
That would be great..

SuperKill
July 4, 2005, 1:28 am
was suggested about a year ago and it had a huge support even then.

Kazuki
July 4, 2005, 2:01 am
I see why. This would be a huge leap forward for the modification 'industry.'

Urhos
July 4, 2005, 1:14 pm
server side/map preset gosteks would b kewl also, but thats just me ;Q

liek sum nifty ww2 map where alpha b nazis and bravo b yankies, in inf it would make it feel more sexy

Michal Marcinkowski
July 4, 2005, 3:10 pm
For a future version it would be cool if you could download automaticly the mod from the server. That would mean a totally new experience of customized servers. But as I say I'll leave it for the future.

Kazuki
July 4, 2005, 3:32 pm
Ahh, great idea. That would revolutionize the customization world.