( search forums )
Default (official) mods
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 4, 2005, 8:14 pm
Im not really into mods and actually dont use them (xcept for painting my nades yellow), but I think for mod fans it would be neat, if a few nicely working graphical mods were included with Soldat and maybe switchable via the Player menu, just like interfaces (so it lists the foldernames as selection). Maybe some of the other betatesters who are more interested in modding than me could prepare 2, 3 nice mods for 1.2.2 so they could be included (they should suit the game of course :P)

Whaddaya think?

Hitman
July 4, 2005, 8:25 pm
Although it's a good idea I don't think Michal would agree to it because if I remember correctly, he want's to keep the Soldat download size as small as possible.

However, a menu within Soldat with which one could switch between mods is a great idea.

Meandor
July 4, 2005, 9:02 pm
Yeah, complete mods (with sounds) would make soldat twice as big :\

grand_diablo
July 4, 2005, 9:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo...but I think for mod fans it would be neat, if a few nicely working graphical mods were included with Soldat...

:)

Michal Marcinkowski
July 4, 2005, 9:23 pm
No I don't think so,
first: the download size,
second: Soldat needs to have its own 'identity', if people could change the look right from the start it would be confusing.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 9:41 pm
I also think, even with the weapons editor and the -mod feature, soldat still doesn't seem a very 'moddable' game. If a newbie downloaded soldat and read about these mods, he'd be confused and wouldn't understand how to make them work etc, unlike games like Half-Life that have menus for running a new mod when you want.

Having a couple of officially endorsed mods on the home page would be cool though :)

Meandor
July 4, 2005, 9:48 pm
IMO, they are fine where they are.