( search forums )
server message on /kill X (important!)
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 5, 2005, 2:15 pm
Please add a server message + a log entry whenever someone gets killed by an admin via /kill X. At the moment /kill X just looks like a normal selfkill.

Otherwise this could be a severe problem in leagueplay, because you cant prove if a player selfkilled by its own or was killed by an admin, so this would offer possibilities to manipulate a game in a very harmful way ;o

MisterX
July 5, 2005, 2:41 pm
I still don't really see a reason for this command.. for a punishment, why kill a player? Kick him, ban him, or just don't do anything. If it's really ment for punishing anyone, you'd really need to /kill someone many, many times. And this instead would be more likely a punishment for the "punisher" because of wasting time..

grand_diablo
July 5, 2005, 2:50 pm
Tbh it was senseless to mention that you think its not useful. It is already implemented and punishment commands were requested several times. So we should now just concentrate on make its implementation better by adding log entry + server command ;o

Denacke
July 5, 2005, 3:31 pm
I do think it is handy, It's a good way if you want to punish a camper for example.

I agree with dibo: Every command should be logged and if it doesn't show any vulnerable data, it should be server messaged.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 5, 2005, 4:59 pm
It doesn't have to be for punishing, there are lots of situations for it, like just to show off your powers :).

grand_diablo
July 5, 2005, 5:11 pm
Whatever it is used for, it needs a server message telling the players that the player was killed by admin p0wah ;o

FliesLikeABrick
July 5, 2005, 7:47 pm
i would see the main reason for this feature as when players abuse poly bugs, sit on top of maps with the flag, or in other hard-to-reach places.

The easiest way to show a kill from admin would be just to put the weapon as "Admin" or something in the logs

grand_diablo
July 5, 2005, 10:41 pm
well, i think a server text message like "XYZ was killed by server admin" + a log entry where the gun is replaced by "Admin" (as you suggested) should suit it.