( search forums )
Something small #2
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 6, 2005, 2:12 pm
Well, its not a new suggestion, just a revival of one I posted when we started betatesting.

As theres not going to be a demo control panel (forward, rewind,...) in 1.2.2, is it maybe possible to start watching a demo beginning on a specific server time?

So, if a demo is 10 minutes long and something special happens in the last minute, that you can start watching the demo at 1 minute of time left? Maybe some command line attribute so this could be implemented into existing demo players.

Atm its really annoying if you have a demo and need to watch the full time until you see what you want. A player called "Nukem" is doing an event called "Capture of the week", where players send him demos of nice ctf scenes, and he takes the best of them, puts them in a video and offers them for download. Then people vote on the best scene.

Many demos have spectacular scenes somewhere in the end, and it sucks for Nukem, that he always has to watch the whole time before until the interesting scene starts.

So the possibilty to watch a demo starting from a specific (server) time would be really awesome and made life for ppl who enjoy making Soldat movies (and therefore promoting this great game) a whole lot easier!

Michal Marcinkowski
July 6, 2005, 2:14 pm
Yeah I forgot about this. I don't know if you can start from a specific time but maybe I can do a fast forward function.

grand_diablo
July 6, 2005, 2:15 pm
while youre on it, maybe a rewind feature too?

*runs to the hills*

//EDIT: If you do the fast forward, please make its speed customizable. If thats not possible a speed of 500% should be ideal :p