( search forums )
HTF separation
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 6, 2005, 2:58 pm
To dig this topic out again:

Now that we do have a decent mappool for htf, id suggest that htf gets separated like inf or ctf, so only maps with htf_ tag are shown in the map selection menu. I guess this mode could become popular, even for cws, so it should imo be separated as its maps require an "own" style.

Just a minor thing, but Id really like to see htf become a mode of its own, and not "just" a TDM variation, since its different enough imo ;)

Michal Marcinkowski
July 6, 2005, 8:37 pm
Yeah I'll do it, just didn't have time now.

grand_diablo
July 6, 2005, 9:08 pm
hehe, I only wanted to get sure about how itll be in the final 1.2.2

nice ;D

Michal Marcinkowski
July 7, 2005, 1:45 pm
I just realised that all of the HTF maps aren't waypointed. I can't add them like this. Can you guys do it quickly?
I think I'm gonna add all the maps you submitted, maybe except htf_tower, I don't like it really. I can help with the waypoints in 1 or 2 maps. OK?

grand_diablo
July 7, 2005, 4:13 pm
Im not good at waypointing, maybe someone else can do it, otherwise the wps will turn out as scrappy as in ctf_Maya ^^

Btw you can leave out htf_FirstBlood aswell, it aint that good ;)

N1nj@
July 7, 2005, 4:24 pm
well if someone is gonna do the waypoints for the htf maps, might as well improve the waypoints for ctf_Maya?

grand_diablo
July 7, 2005, 5:28 pm
ive wped htf_mare. The others are too complicated for my poor wping skills ;o

http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/htf_mare.PMS

its already up on the SK Betaserv

Michal Marcinkowski
July 7, 2005, 6:23 pm
Can you find someone who can do it? HTF waypoints aren't really complicated, the bots just have to get to the flag.

grand_diablo
July 7, 2005, 6:36 pm
They work like CTF ones, at least i made them like that on mare ^^

Btw. what makes wping so complicated is not the gamemode but the shape of the map. Making the bots fly somewhere is like defining how to throw stones with lines and waypoints :p

afair Demonic is a good waypointer, I just dont know if he has time to do the wps. Otherwise I could find a trustworthy wper outside of the current beta testing team.

//EDIT: Ive found a trustworthy external waypointer (Interruptman). He will do the wps for the rest of the maps til sunday.

July 7, 2005, 7:33 pm
I tried to waypoint my own map. Judge the results for yourself.
http://llsc.us/members/Sticky/uploads/htf_arch.PMS

grand_diablo
July 7, 2005, 9:15 pm
have you scenerized it aswell? The last version looked a bit empty :p