( search forums )
Flag-throwing
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
SERIAL KILLeR
July 8, 2005, 10:34 am
When you throw the flag, it spawns 5-6 meter from you soldier.
It looks a bit strange but also has some problems, you can throw a flag through small polygons or even inside inside a polygon so the flag will be unreachable.

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 11:48 am
Don't fix it!

That's really cool, if you're about to die you can throw the flag so the opponent finds it hard to reach :D

SERIAL KILLeR
July 8, 2005, 11:56 am
Hmm... the throwing through polygons isnt so bad but i'm more concerned about throwing the flag inside a polygon so they have to wait untill it respawns to get it back and cap

Denacke
July 8, 2005, 12:42 pm
Fix it, these abuses will (Please refrain from swearing) up clanwars.

FliesLikeABrick
July 8, 2005, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeFix it, these abuses will (Please refrain from swearing) up clanwars.

and no doubt that people will find very annoying places to throw it inside walls or in unreachable places. i forsee a future of people getting bored in servers and doing nothing but trying to constantly stick the flag in not-good places

Hitman
July 8, 2005, 1:43 pm
This needs to be fixed.

*Slaps Stalky*

m00`
July 8, 2005, 2:27 pm
lmao i never noticed that :D, it would be pretty fun and it would bring a new generation of polygon bug hunting

Michal Marcinkowski
July 8, 2005, 2:55 pm
I'll make it so that if you face a wall you can't throw it. It has to spawn "5-6 meters" away because that's the only way I could do it so that you don't catch the flag immediatly after throwing.

MisterX
July 8, 2005, 7:23 pm
Can't the distance be lowered a bit? Not the force you throw the flag with, but only the distance it spawns at. Those 5-6 meters seem a bit too high to me.

Denacke
July 8, 2005, 8:25 pm
or make the person unable to flagcapture for a few seconds