( search forums )
Beta version 3
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
July 8, 2005, 10:37 pm
I fixed some bugs since last time and added a few things (someones becoming my slave...).
This is a complete installation, I updated the manual and everything. The only thing that is missing from the final instalation are all htf maps, but we're waiting for waypoints (btw. I made a new htf map htf_Void). So if there is anything missing please report.

Patch: http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/soldatpatch121-122d.zip

Server: http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/soldatserver233.zip

N1nj@
July 8, 2005, 10:41 pm
what did you add Michal? =D

July 8, 2005, 10:41 pm
Is the slave anyone we know?

SERIAL KILLeR
July 8, 2005, 11:00 pm
The default weapons.ini is regognized as a weapons mod.

Could you also put a weapons-default.ini file for the people (like me) who forget top make a backup of the weapon.ini before editing it.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
Yes, I added the tab autocomplete function.

MisterX
July 9, 2005, 12:09 am
"The only thing that is missing from the final instalation are all htf maps"
Aha. So what are we actually discussing about in these forums? Concerning the LAW discussion I mean. It seems you totally ignore it. Why? Even if you are totally against anything that's being suggested there, at least say it! It really seems like you just don't care a single bit, but then I wonder what we are actually here for..

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 12:33 am
I agree with MrX on the LAW thing. A statement on the LAW -> Aerial Assault or not would be nice, since this has been one of the main points of discussion since the LAW was changed to pronefire inair again (maybe slaughter session 2 will bring this up again). Also the suggestion to give the knife an initial loading time etc.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=24817&whichpage=4

Btw. the autocomplete fuction.. does it work with TAB? Cause it didnt work in singleplayer mode with bots. Or am I just doing sth wrong?

htf Void has a nice concept, but one unconnected poly on the top (you can see it when playing full screen) + somehow sceneries are lacking :p

N1nj@
July 9, 2005, 12:56 am
quote:...Btw. the autocomplete fuction.. does it work with TAB? Cause it didnt work in singleplayer mode with bots. Or am I just doing sth wrong?...It was for me. Are you sure you are doing it right? Make sure you type the bots' names correctly with the casings. Cause if the bot name is Kruger, and you do kru [tab], it will not work. You have to type Kru [tab]. It would be nice tho if it works both way, because that's how it works in mIRC...

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 1:33 am
I tried, but it didnt work. Is Tab assigned to something in the default Soldat key layout? Cause the reason might be the same as with my problem I had at first with the free cam (left+right mouse didnt work, but left mouse + E, as I have jetpack assigned to E and not to the right mouse button).

N1nj@
July 9, 2005, 1:45 am
Tab is assigned default with the weapon menu

but i have the default setting and it still works =/

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 1:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski ... I fixed some bugs since last time and added a few things (someones becoming my slave...) ...

Oh, I am going to laugh SO hard at Hitman.

By the way, can we got a change list if it's not too much trouble? :)

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@Tab is assigned default with the weapon menu

but i have the default setting and it still works =/

the completing function seems to be bound to the wep menu rather than to the Tab key. Because it works if I set the wep menu to tab in my config (i usually use P for the wep menu).

Soap
July 9, 2005, 2:37 am
Can you give us a rough estimate of how long it will be until the new version will be released? I have been working on a htf map that should be finished sometime this week.

The htf_Void concept is interesting, but I do not think it would work particularly well for team play. The layout is more suiting for a DM map.

N1nj@
July 9, 2005, 3:03 am
According to grand_diablo's post on another topic, another waypointer is finishing waypointing all the htf maps before/on sunday, so if you can finish the map before/on sunday, then you should be fine. And maybe if you are lucky, we could test it on the slaughter session #2.

PS. remember to waypoint it

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 2:14 pm
MisterX: No, you got me wrong. All features are here and I don't want to add anything more, so there are no new bugs introduced but the weapons balance is still open for discussion. It is the only thing that still needs to be done really.
I want to release this version for public next week, because I might be gone later.

The HTF maps: send me the maps as soon as possible.

The autocomplete function doesn't really work with the Tab button it works with the Weapons menu button, so it's default Tab.

MisterX
July 9, 2005, 3:32 pm
But then please focus on that now! As long as the game itself is working, balance is the most important thing. It's not something secondary, so please take it really serious now!

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 6:48 pm
Well that's why I'm still not releasing it and you are here to help me with the balance.

MisterX
July 9, 2005, 7:27 pm
Alright, it just sounded like "Ok, the game is finished, now lets wait for the maps and release it", no matter what the balance is like. If I misunderstood you with that, fine :)

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 7:38 pm
As far as balance goes, Cold Fusion's server is pretty balanced, as far as I know. You should check it out sometime. I don't know if it's up 24/7 or not.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 9:39 pm
The SK beta server is offline :(. Grand_diablo what's up?

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 9:47 pm
I have no idea, seems as if the server's hoster was down. I dont come further than the administration login page :/

EDIT: Check j00r PM box, Michal darling ;P

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 11:26 pm
What about my PM box, nothing's there?

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 11:38 pm
strange O.o

I sent the PM again now =)

Hitman
July 9, 2005, 11:52 pm
Yay!

..GAH!

Michal Marcinkowski
July 10, 2005, 1:47 pm
Can anyone put another put a server for todays testing?

grand_diablo
July 10, 2005, 2:15 pm
I can access the SK Betaserv administration again, I think it should be back and working.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 10, 2005, 2:50 pm
Well something is working, but the server still not:(.

I don't think they'll fix it in time, can anyone put up a server?

grand_diablo
July 10, 2005, 4:56 pm
I phoned r0ad 2 hours ago, but it doesnt seem as if it would work again soon.

Sorry for the problems, but theyre not SKs fault ;o

Chakra`
July 10, 2005, 7:31 pm
Cold Fusion? balanced?! he unbinked m79!

Michal Marcinkowski
July 10, 2005, 7:39 pm
Yeah that's not right, also the LAW needs the startup time. The things I like about Cold Fusions mod is the Ruger, I like it slow and powerful. The eagles need some tweaking, 3 hit kill but fast may be the option.

MisterX
July 10, 2005, 8:16 pm
Ops, mistaken something...

Again:
Please, Michal, reply to the LAW discussion in the "The Law" thread. It's really important to me, since in my opinion and the opinion of many others LAW is definately overpowered in 1.2.1. Then it would make no sense to make it even stronger by making it able to be fired in the air, with only a little useless delay that doesn't afflict the aiming in any way.

Chakra`
July 10, 2005, 8:20 pm
yeah we got talking about his ruger a few days ago. I wasn't sure about it.

It took a while to get used to, and seemed a little boring to me. It was very balanced though. Maybe we should try it CF's way - slower but without the bink - so that the only decent semi-auto against autos isn't just DE's. I don't like the idea of a ruger being slower, but I imagine I wouldn't for any gun that I used the most, so why not give it a try?

Otherwise I was going to slyly suggest reducing the bink on ruger from 15 to somewhere between 10-13.

grand_diablo
July 11, 2005, 1:03 am
News on the server: Something must have went wrong in the servercenter, a supporter will check (and hopefully fix) the problems today.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 11, 2005, 2:12 pm
Great. We have to make a slaughter session, as soon as the server is fixed. Can you guys play weekdays? What time?

N1nj@
July 11, 2005, 3:12 pm
I can play in weekdays anytime :D

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 5:02 pm
Anytime during the weekdays, problem is me remembering to play. =\

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 8:12 pm
Same, I finished school :D

Michal Marcinkowski
July 11, 2005, 8:37 pm
So what do you day 5 GMT tomorrow? Could be earlier, but it would be probably early morning in the States.

grand_diablo
July 11, 2005, 9:28 pm
5 gmt is fine for me. The SK server is finally back, currently running on Coldy's weaponmod.

N1nj@
July 11, 2005, 9:28 pm
5 GMT sounds good, I will eat and play

Michal Marcinkowski
July 11, 2005, 10:10 pm
Don't play with your food. We'll switch to my weapon mod, however I made the Ruger and Eagles similar to ColdF's mod, we'll see how it plays.

MisterX
July 12, 2005, 2:15 pm
I'll be there :)

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 3:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiDon't play with your food.

Haha, nice one ;) 5 GMT is good for me, see you in the server.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 12, 2005, 5:15 pm
OK, just reminding, I'll be a bit later.

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 5:19 pm
Isn't it 5 GMT already?

Michal Marcinkowski
July 12, 2005, 5:33 pm
Yes join in.