( search forums )
invisible powerup kits
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
SERIAL KILLeR
July 9, 2005, 1:30 am
The powerupkits are invisible you cant see them but they're still there.

I could make the kits appear by shooting and moving them (LAN configured server) but when they spawned again they where invisible

Bugs Revenge
July 9, 2005, 3:15 am
yeah, and there are some faked me(Please refrain from swearing)its..
(it's a bug from the previous versions)

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 2:24 pm
Online, what map?

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 2:28 pm
It happens in general, I believe. You will experience most at ctf_Run as far as I know. In ctf_Run, on the ledge above the bases, grenade boxes and medkits spawn. However, it's on a slant, so naturally the boxes roll. Well, at least client-side they do. When you try to grab one, you won't get it when you walk over it. However, if you go a little further back, you will be healed, and it seems like you are just walking through thin air.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 2:31 pm
But this is an old bug, like it's in 1.2.1?

Bugs Revenge
July 9, 2005, 2:32 pm
yup, that's an old bug.
and it happends in all the maps.
(happened to me most in Laos and Run) but that's because I'm playing those maps the most.)

SERIAL KILLeR
July 9, 2005, 3:54 pm
Online yes, and every map af far as i know the kits are invisable

Yeah and the bad medikits on slopes is an old bug but it seems to happen a lot more since beta c or d i think... could be my imagination

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 4:13 pm
Update: I know what Serial Killer is talking about now. ALL the medkits are invisible ... on every map. You can still pick them up, if you know where they spawn. Will post evidence soon.

Edit:

I made a small clip of me picking up a health box that isn't there. In fact, there are no pickups in sight, but they are really there.

Video: Invisible Pickups

Keep an eye on my health. :D This definately needs a fix.

Cold Fusion
July 9, 2005, 4:23 pm
This btw was on the latest dedicated server -- all pickups are invisible until you pick them up.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 6:54 pm
Pretty screwed....