( search forums )
Fast Forwarding bug / older versions demos
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 1:48 am
1. The fast forwarding is neat, but ive found a little bug.

If you watch a demo, then use the FF, then close the demo and click join again, Soldat remembers the FF speed and shows the demo in FF speed from the beginning on. But if you press F8 then, it doesnt get back to "normal" mode, no, it puts FF on the demo which is already running in FF speed, so it gets even faster. You can repeat that until a 60 seconds demo is less than 1 second long.
It only occurs if you watch the demo again without leaving Soldat. I dont know if it affects other demos or just only one if you watch it repeatedly, but I assume it would affect any other demo aswell, if you start watching it after closing another one in FF mode

2. 1.2.2d seems to be unable to play demos from 1.2.1 (and I guess the same goes for demos of older versions aswell), i always get an access vilation at 00000C or sth like that. 1.2.2b could play 1.2.1 demos, Im not sure about 1.2.2c, but I guess it was able to aswell.

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 1:52 am
I think Soldat has always been this way regarding the inability to be backwards-compatible with demos. That's not much of a problem, though.

I absolutely love the demo fast-forwarding, however. ^_^ Makes things so much easier for movie-makers. I would like to get this bug fixed also, but I don't find it a big deal.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 2:18 pm
1. OK
2. You'll have to use version 1.2.1 to play old demos.

N1nj@
July 9, 2005, 2:20 pm
But you can't even play the intro.sdm tho