( search forums )
Tab Complete [<3]
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 2:22 am
I'm loving the new tab complete. :) However, we at the #Soldat.Beta channel found some things that we would like to be looked at in order to improve the Tab completion.

1. The tab completion feature is case sensitive. This means that if I'm trying to tab complete Kazuki, I will have to press K [Tab]. Pressing k [Tab] will not work since my name starts with a capital K. We don't know if this is intentional, but we feel it would be better if the feature wasn't case sensitive. :)

2. The tab complete feature is bound to the same key as the weapon menu key. Also, the tab completion will not work if you have bound your weapons menu key to something other than Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Tab, etc. As Ninja/Spyder posted below, making your weapons menu key something like "P" will not allow it to work at all. =| We think that it should either be permanently bound to Tab or that it should have its own option (to set to a custom key) if possible.

3. Tab complete doesn't circulate among different names that start with the same name. For example, I had Boogie Man and Blain in my non-dedicated server. When I pressed B [Tab], tab complete went to Blain. If I pressed Tab again, nothing happened. In order to access Boogie Man's name through tab complete, I had to type Bo [Tab] (such enormous work, I know <_<) . It would be pretty cool if you could make tab complete circulate through all the names that begin with the letters which were typed in. For example, if I type B and press Tab, I would get to Blain. Then, if I press Tab again, I would get to Boogie Man. Just a basic overview:

B [Tab] = Billy
B [Tab][Tab] = Blain
B [Tab][Tab][Tab] = Boogie Man

We really appreciate all the work you have been doing this beta season, and we really dislike pressuring you with all our complaints and suggestions. Sorry about that. :)

N1nj@
July 9, 2005, 2:30 am
For #2, the tab function actually does not work at all if your weapon menu key is not the default (tab). Bascially, if you change your weapon menu key to 'P', the tab complete function will not work.

And I support and agree that the other suggestions should be implemented.

Edit: I did further testing and I discovered that if u assign the weapon menu to tab, ctrl, alt, shift and etc. The tab complete function will work. So if you assign ctrl as your weapon menu key, then you use that as ur tab complete function key also. But on the other hand, if you assign the weapon menu key to an alphabet or something that you can type on the chat line (ex. 1,2,3,a,b,c,`,',:,etc.), then only the weapon menu will work, and the tab complete function will not.

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 2:47 am
Thanks for the info. Updated. :D

Michal Marcinkowski
July 9, 2005, 2:29 pm
1. I can make it case unsensitive, I think.
2. I'll fix it to TAB.
3. This would a bit complicated, maybe next time.

Kazuki
July 9, 2005, 2:32 pm
Yay! Thanks :D