( search forums )
Slaughter Session 2.5
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
July 12, 2005, 7:17 pm
I haven't noticed any major bugs, except access violations but I was running a 'hacked' version:). If you have something then post.

So lets get on with the weapons balance:

My oppinions:
Eagles
Fast eagles are really cool, I think it should stay like this but maybe lower the damage a bit more?
Mp5
This weapon rules on small maps. In bigger maps it's not a great threat. I think that's OK.
Ak74 - Steyr Aug - Minimi
These weapons are well balanced, everything depends what fighting style you prefer. These weapons dominate if two or more people use it in a team. Maybe that's a good thing.
Spas12
OK
Ruger
Slow Ruger stands no chance against any weapon. Bring it back to the normal binked ruger?
Barret
I feel like a retard with this weapon, but it is still a good weapon for sniping and 1v1 matches.
M79
People are gonna use this no matter what. It's fine like this now I guess.
Minigun
OK
EDIT:
LAW
I don't know really, there is a topic for it.

Denacke
July 12, 2005, 7:21 pm
ruger: the slow ruger is just a bit too slow imo, it shouldn't be as fast as before, but i'd say interval 35 instead of 40 (40 was the interval now right?)

eagles: i vote for lowering the damage a bit more, not a lot

law: stop making it shoot in air :x

grand_diablo
July 12, 2005, 7:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

My oppinions:
Eagles
Fast eagles are really cool, I think it should stay like this but maybe lower the damage a bit more?

If you lower it more, then just a tiny bit please.

quote:Mp5
This weapon rules on small maps. In bigger maps it's not a great threat. I think that's OK.

Fine for me too.

quote:Ak74 - Steyr Aug - Minimi
These weapons are well balanced, everything depends what fighting style you prefer. These weapons dominate if two or more people use it in a team. Maybe that's a good thing.

Nope, its not a good thing. It was actually the reason why 1.2.1 became the "spraytard" version. Clanwars between equal teams were often turned around by one team switching to Aks and Minimis. And if the other team didnt change to those weps aswell, they were doomed. And its not a good thing if you force your opponents to sprayback because otherwise they'll loose.

Steyr is still too strong, same goes with Ak, eventhough its shooting slower now. Dunno bout Minimi, tried that too few. Imo all 3 should be weakened a bit more.

quote:
Spas12
OK

Aight.

quote:Ruger
Slow Ruger stands no chance against any weapon. Bring it back to the normal binked ruger?

I liked it, but I didnt play it very often and against one enemy only. So yeah, maybe restore the old ruger settings.

quote:
Barret
I feel like a retard with this weapon, but it is still a good weapon for sniping and 1v1 matches.

As long as its binked, its ok :P
The only thing I dont like is when one player starts barreting in a 1on1, the other one will most likely follow soon. But that isnt necessarily cause of the weapons power (its quite balanced now) but because it requires a defensive playstyle.

quote:
M79
People are gonna use this no matter what. It's fine like this now I guess.

Aight.

quote:
Minigun
OK

Aight.

EDIT:

Knife
Initial delay on respawn, please.

Chainsaw & Socom
Fine.

LAW
See MrX post below.
Pronefiring in the air is really spectacular and stuff. But its not balanced, so please make the LAW ground only again :)

MisterX
July 12, 2005, 7:35 pm
AK/Steyr: I haven't tried it for long, i'll test them a bit more, but in the short time I played it felt like Steyr was far stronger than AK, but AK even too weak compared to other weapons. On the other hand is has very, very high ammo in a magazine, so you'll hardly ever run out of ammo in a duel when fighting with full ammo from the start. So it might be well balanced again :)
Ruger: Yup, Denacke might be right with this
Deagles: I'd say the damage is ok, weakening it more might be too weak imho. You'll only be able to kill with 2 shots when you hit the enemies head twice, with both bullets. Weakening it more might make it too weak when shooting from below the enemy. But perhaps the fire-rate can be lowered a bit, felt very fast.
LAW: Definately no air-fire-ability. I know, I know, it indeed is very cool, but balance is far more important! And I guess with the delay LAW will be just fine - without the ability to be fired in the air.

As I said I'm not 100% sure about this though

Bugs Revenge
July 13, 2005, 2:56 am
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ak74 - Steyr Aug - Minimi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, its not a good thing. It was actually the reason why 1.2.1 became the "spraytard" version. Clanwars between equal teams were often turned around by one team switching to Aks and Minimis. And if the other team didnt change to those weps aswell, they were doomed. And its not a good thing if you force your opponents to sprayback because otherwise they'll loose.

Steyr is still too strong, same goes with Ak, eventhough its shooting slower now. Dunno bout Minimi, tried that too few. Imo all 3 should be weakened a bit more.

Agreed, all those autoguns force the other team to use them as well.
that's realy sux.. In my oppionion at least all the autoguns should be nerfed.
+ barret - you must use an autogun for killing barret user in tunnel.. not fun as well :\ but we have nothing to do about it.

grand_diablo
July 13, 2005, 12:00 pm
nah bugs, barret is nerfed enough, it has advantages in tunnels, true, but in opposite to that, its weak in open spaces if you use one of the autos. Autos are boh advantageous in open areas + tunnels.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 13, 2005, 1:31 pm
Maybe every weapon would dominate with a whole team using it?
We should try a match - 1 team with only autos - 2 team other weapons.

Kazuki
July 13, 2005, 2:16 pm
We did that in 1.2.2b, I believe. Chakra directed the match and basically the autos owned the non-autos, especially if the non-autos were using one-shot killers.

grand_diablo
July 13, 2005, 2:29 pm
It also depends on the play style, so maybe 3 rugers could have a chance on far distance, but except that, I doubt that any other weapon could stand against 3 Aks on far and mid distance. Autos are only fair opponents in close distance, but not when theyre in a group.

Michal believe us, 1.2.1 was the "spraytard" version and ive experienced enough clanwars, to tell you that 3 Steyr/Ak/Minimis can ruin the whole balance in a war. We should think about how to nerf those 3 weps without making them too weak, instead of testing something most of us already know ;)

The auto problem does not so much exist on publics, since many newbs still prefer the barret or m79 (but still, if some player joins and uses minimi, the usually starts dominating), but its a huge problem in clanwars.

Bugs Revenge
July 13, 2005, 3:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiMaybe every weapon would dominate with a whole team using it?
We should try a match - 1 team with only autos - 2 team other weapons.

The team with the autoguns would win for sure since of the bink..
and yup, the autoguns could ruin the whole clanwar :|..
I think all the autoguns should be nurfed since they've the bink against other guns..

N1nj@
July 13, 2005, 3:49 pm
we could try another slaughter session maybe? except this time with the new improved weapons.ini and a more organzied session? red is autos and blue is non-auots?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:00 pm
For Autos, the only thing I can imagine is to lower their damage, raise the bink they cause, and give them a bit less range.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 13, 2005, 7:22 pm
If the autos damage is lowered now then a single auto-user has no chance against other weapons. We have to think how to solve this.

MisterX
July 13, 2005, 7:30 pm
What about.. Weapon restrictions, hm?

Michal Marcinkowski
July 13, 2005, 11:53 pm
That is sort of 'cheating'. We can surely find a better solution.

MisterX
July 14, 2005, 12:09 am
What does a server-side option built in the game have to do with cheating? It could just work similiarly to Avanced Mode. I don't find this idea amazing myself, but there hasn't been any better idea yet, and I'd hate to still see this "We want to win, so we chose 3x AK/LAW to guarantee it" way of acting many clans practice.

Bugs Revenge
July 14, 2005, 11:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiIf the autos damage is lowered now then a single auto-user has no chance against other weapons. We have to think how to solve this.

Why not?
The autogun could beat EVERY other gun with the bink.
I don't think that reducing its damage would ruin any balance,
we could try it.

grand_diablo
July 14, 2005, 12:11 pm
Maybe a slight damage decrease + a slight recoil effect (not as much as in realistic mode) would solve it for automatics? If those guns were recoiled, players couldnt spray straight forward all the time but had to readjust their aim sometimes.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 12:20 pm
I think instead of the recoil you should get binked yourself when you fire an auto.

MisterX
July 14, 2005, 12:20 pm
I'd like having a recoil like in realistic mode, so that the recoil is very low from the beginning, but the longer you shoot the harder it gets to "readjust" the aiming.

DeMonIc
July 14, 2005, 12:59 pm
Pssh, spraying in real mode is easy even with recoil, because you can still spray, you just have to keep tapping the mouse button. I'm with Ville on this one: you should bink yourself if you shoot X bullets in a given period of time.

Chakra`
July 14, 2005, 1:23 pm
That generally is a good idea. The more you spray, the less accurate it becomes.
..kinda like recoil, but perhaps without the jerk upwards, and more just a random thing.

But yeah, it's generally agreed through most in Soldat that although 1.2.1 is fun, especially in a (responsible) public server, clan wars are dominated by simple spraying techniques due to it's effectiveness.

Just tried slapping the MovementAcc up to 10 from 1 on AK74 for a laugh. Seems to do the job, though a tad extreme.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 19, 2005, 2:18 pm
Binking yourself? That might do the trick. But shouldn't the damage be increased then?