( search forums )
that ringing noise
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Soap
July 17, 2005, 3:56 am
One of the things that has been bugging me for ages is the way that you go deaf briefly after having an explosion occur nearby. I think it can be improved in a few areas. Here are a few ideas:

* Include a "ringing" noise, like the sound you hear after getting flash banged in Counter Strike: Source.

* Make the music go silent, and slowly fade in as well as ordinary sound (this makes more sense than the way it works at the moment).

* Maybe include a muffled explosion sound that cuts out half way immediately after the explosion.

I don't think these things would be too difficult to add, and would drastically improve the game's atmosphere.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 10:40 am
There already is a ringing noise...isn't there?

Kazuki
July 17, 2005, 10:04 pm
Yeah, there is. I think it's called "shell-shock."

Soap
July 18, 2005, 3:36 am
It's not really a ringing noise, more off a muffled war atmosphere sound.

FliesLikeABrick
July 18, 2005, 3:40 am
er, i would definately describe the current sound as a "ringing sound"

it is exactly the same thing that i heard when once set a firecracker off 2 feet from my face

Cookie.
July 18, 2005, 6:13 am
i had a firecracker go off next to my ear once and i went deaf for 5 minutes >.<

Yes the current noise is definatly a ringing one >.<

Soap
July 19, 2005, 1:32 am
Alright, I still think it is important for the music to cut out and fade in as well as the sound, though.

Tha Doggfather
July 19, 2005, 10:35 am
You do know that you can turn that sound off right?

Michal Marcinkowski
July 19, 2005, 2:41 pm
That sound was inspired by Saving Private Ryan. I don't think the music should fade away it would be really annoying.