( search forums )
Knife sticking after deadly hit
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 19, 2005, 4:02 pm
To have a more realistic effect on knife throwing, what about maybe making it stick "in" it's victim after it hit (only when the hit was deadly) for a short while, so it would stick in the Soldat while he falls to the ground (maybe 1 second). I think that would look rather cool.

Just a minor suggestion though, I wouldnt complain if it was delayed to 1.2.3 :p

Michal Marcinkowski
July 19, 2005, 4:31 pm
I don't know if it would be hard, I agree it would look cool.

grand_diablo
July 19, 2005, 5:35 pm
Mmmh could you give it a try?

And if it turns out as too complicated, save it up for 1.2.3, otherwise itd be a nice addition to 1.2.2

MisterX
July 19, 2005, 8:36 pm
But then what would it be like if you hit somebody but it doesn't do damage because of lag? Would it stick to the enemy, "running" away with him? o.O

DeMonIc
July 19, 2005, 8:53 pm
MisterX, that happens sometimes in 1.2.1, but it doesn't show the knife sticking out of the body.

I fully support this little feature :)

N1nj@
July 19, 2005, 9:10 pm
ya, like make it stick in until the person is dead, and once the person is dead, the knife and whatever weapon the person is holding also drop too

and I also support this nifty little feature :D

MisterX
July 19, 2005, 10:18 pm
I don't like the idea of making it stick in the body even if the enemy doesn't die by it. I like getting my knife back after having thrown it :) But for the idea in general.. why not? Don't know if it would really make a noticable difference though.

@DeMonIc
Hm, I don't really get that sentence, sry.

grand_diablo
July 19, 2005, 10:35 pm
Umh, MrX, what does the topic title say (and is explained in the topic text)?

"Knife sticking after deadly hit"

It shouldnt stick in the enemy when the hit wasnt deadly for some reason, only if it was lethal, it should stick in the enemy ;)

I didn't suggest that it sticks in the opponent when hes still alive and then runs away with a knife sticking in his arse :p

DeMonIc
July 19, 2005, 10:53 pm
I meant that there's a lag issue in 1.2.1, where you hit someone with your knife, and their body just 'swallows' it.. no damage received of course.

grand_diablo
July 19, 2005, 11:06 pm
well, if Michal implements a check to see if the hit was really lethal, it should work. Dunno if that is possible though, and how complicated it is, see main posting :p