( search forums )
Weapon balance issues
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Meandor
July 21, 2005, 8:04 pm
I know I haven't been able to test much until now because I almost fixed my pc, but I'd like to say that it is important that weapons do not get changed too much while trying to fix them.
CF mod brings in too many changes to validate them with a few testers (a lot of which do not even play in leagues) and in a short time.
The point is that it takes time to adapt for clans and find out what's better for them.
Big changes like now likely result in:
- People whining/leaving (remember 1.1.1?)
- Something being overpowered anyway, despite the efforts
- Weapons being not used anymore
Therefore, I think it should be released with small changes, while keeping this forum open and inviting some more players from clans to partecipate. It will take more time and more small updates, but it should be worth it.

grand_diablo
July 21, 2005, 8:41 pm
the main issue are the autos, those might require a slightly bigger change, and generall all weps becoming a bit weaker in damage. As for the other weps, I agree with you.

MisterX
July 21, 2005, 9:12 pm
I don't have a problem with bigger changes. I agree that the balance wont be perfect only when the few of us think so. But I really, really hope that in the future Michal will bring out smaller patches from time to time. So that when after playing the newest version some while the community notice some balance issues, Michal can fix them quickly. I must say it's horrible the way it was with 1.2.1. It's known that autos are too powerful for so many months now, but still we had to wait this long for the next big version. And I guess it wouldn't be a big problem to bring out a patch at least every second month when it's clear that there's something that needs to be fixed. (I hope this doesn't sound too offensive, because it isn't ment to)

Michal Marcinkowski
July 22, 2005, 2:06 pm
I partially agree. I think more players could be invited for playing now, what do you think?

The weapons settings issues won't be such a big problem because you can switch back to 1.2.1 settings easily, so leagues that started before the release can continue on old settings.