( search forums )
2-in-1 Grenade Throw
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Kazuki
July 21, 2005, 10:09 pm
While we were playing on the Selfkill server, it seemed that most of the time, when you throw a grenade, the server subtracts two grenades from your 'nade pool instead of just one. If you want to try this yourself, head into the server and hold the grenade button when you have a full 'nade pool. Your soldier will throw only two grenades, but 4 of your grenades will disappear. We're pretty sure this happens only in the server, and not in a non-dedicated one. We don't know the exact circumstances, but the fact is that it happens.

Michal Marcinkowski
July 22, 2005, 2:08 pm
I hate bugs like this, I didn't even do anything with the grenades...

DeMonIc
July 22, 2005, 2:26 pm
I think it's about the server allowing 2 grenades maximum, but the clients get the information wrongly...

Michal Marcinkowski
July 22, 2005, 2:30 pm
OK fixed it, but I'll update the server later, we can deal with it now:).

N1nj@
July 22, 2005, 4:56 pm
I was playing with Cold_Fusion with the updated server, and once in awhile I get an extra nade. The extra nade seems to be only client side, because Cold_Fusion wasn't able to see the nade itself or see the extra nade explosion. But he heard the sound tho. (This is with ShowRealLag=0 btw if that makes any different)

Michal Marcinkowski
July 22, 2005, 9:00 pm
It could be lag. Anyone else noticed this?

N1nj@
July 22, 2005, 9:15 pm
I was getting a pretty nice ping in Cold_Fusion's server (<100), so I doubt it is caused by lag.

It is easier to reproduce this if you hold the nade button while you are reloading a weapon. And once in awhile, you will see an extra nade get 'added' to the nade pool. Too bad I don't have fraps so I can record it.