( search forums )
Another Arena2 update
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
July 28, 2005, 1:08 am
After I divided the upper platform of Arena2 for 1.2.1, I now put my hands again on that map.

- fixed several itchies and bouncies cause of polys I placed badly in the version before
- gave the 2 upper platforms a new color
- added a bit more space to the lower right section by lowering the ground a bit
- fixed the bouncy lower entrance to the middle plattforms
- fixed the "nade eating" polys on the left wall

Arena 2 V2.1 -> Arena 2 V2.2 \o/

http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/Arena2_1.PMS

so all it actually needs is the renaming of the PMS file :P

EDIT: Its back to a pure bugfix release, no lowered ground anymore.

[IMAGE]

Hitman
July 28, 2005, 1:34 am
quote:I now put my hands again on that map.I'm sure you did, mate...

Cookie.
July 28, 2005, 11:14 pm
"added a bit more space to the lower right section by lowering the ground a bit"

This makes me sad

Soap
July 29, 2005, 12:27 am
I do not want the game play of any maps changed.

grand_diablo
July 29, 2005, 12:37 am
the gameplay isnt changed, just because the ground at the lower right part was lowered by approx 2 cm. The only thing that changed is that its easier to avoid enourmous nadespam from above. Especially at this part often lagnades appeared, that exploded on a completely different place than they seemed to lie. The rest of the map stayed the same, it was just bugfixed ;)

If you really think it plays so differently now, I'll raise the ground to its original height again, since the main improvements are the bugfixes.

EDIT: Done, A2 is back to a pure bugfix release

Cookie.
July 29, 2005, 5:25 am
Good job if the bugs are really fixed :P On b2b there is one bug that always bugs me :\ I jump from alpha base and get stuck where there is a triangle polygon sticking out

Soap
July 29, 2005, 6:25 am
Yes, that one is a poo.

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2005, 12:53 pm
pie