( search forums )
Strange scenery bug
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
-RaveN`tP-
August 3, 2005, 11:00 am
I was just playing B2b on Selfkill's beta server and it downloaded some scenery-gfx but it didn't show them as you can see here:
[IMAGE]

So i pressed alt+tab and asked Cold_Fusion in IRC to check whether they're missing for him as well. But when i returned to Soldat, they appeared! Look:
[IMAGE]

This happens all the time... scenery-gfx are downloaded, not shown, but if you switch to another task with alt+tab and return to soldat, they are shown suddenly.

*EDIT*: Maybe it's because of the "Graphic restart", and it can be solved by doing a restart before every map or something like that...

grand_diablo
August 3, 2005, 11:19 am
that seems to be a bug with the gfx engine, the gfx work once you switch back to the game.

Btw. I wonder where that comes from on B2b. I could solve it on Voland, there it happened cause a scenery edge was missing, but I cant explain it for B2b, since I only did changes on polys.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 3, 2005, 11:43 am
Maybe you have edited scenery files? I'll recompile all maps with my sceneries, so they are the same.

grand_diablo
August 3, 2005, 3:21 pm
Nope, I didnt edit any scens in my maps folder nor on the map :P

Kazuki
August 3, 2005, 7:29 pm
It happened to a lot of us, and it works the same way. It is strange.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 8:50 pm
Yeah, it happened to me today as we played. Bothering the almighty jeebus out of me too.

It also causes an extra +25 second loading time.

grand_diablo
August 3, 2005, 9:06 pm
mmh maybe the gfx engine should refresh itself twice at each map's start.

DeMonIc
August 3, 2005, 9:12 pm
That happens with me a lot in 1.2.1. I thought it was cool that I could re-load my sceneries like that, while others were like "omg missing scenerzy"

Bugs Revenge
August 4, 2005, 3:01 pm
it's just while playing on SK's server.. it's happened to me as well..
while trying to download the map one file was missing :o