( search forums )
Replacement for Storm?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 8:37 pm
[IMAGE]

It's called Airpirates. It may look weird and different but we tested it today and came into the conclusion that the gameplay is quite fun and unique. (unlike Storm's) The danger of falling down really adds to gameplay. Waypoints included.

Download:
http://ville.poronet.com/Airpirates.zip

LazehBoi
August 3, 2005, 8:39 pm
I really like it and think it would make an awesome default map... I wonder what Michal thinks.

grand_diablo
August 3, 2005, 9:08 pm
umh it wouldnt be suitable for leagues, since players could escape enemy kills just by "accidentally" falling into the off.

But despite that, it looks like it would rawk! :D

Kazuki
August 3, 2005, 9:10 pm
This is actually a great map. The people that got to play on it all really liked it, including myself.

Well done, Ville.

DeMonIc
August 3, 2005, 9:10 pm
Indeed it rules. I've played quite a fun duel on it with Ville, and I'd have to say that that map is waaay more better than Storm.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloumh it wouldnt be suitable for leagues, since players could escape enemy kills just by "accidentally" falling into the off.

You can kill yourself with /kill or grenades anyways so it doesn't really make a difference. :P Also jumping off the cliff costs you valuable time that you can use to kill the enemy.

Cookie.
August 3, 2005, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloumh it wouldnt be suitable for leagues, since players could escape enemy kills just by "accidentally" falling into the off.

You can kill yourself with /kill or grenades anyways so it doesn't really make a difference. :P Also jumping off the cliff costs you valuable time that you can use to kill the enemy.

I concur it would be a nice variety from the other maps in soldat... pretty much all of them right now are closed in

August 3, 2005, 9:47 pm
This map is twelve different types of awesome. Put it in.

grand_diablo
August 3, 2005, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloumh it wouldnt be suitable for leagues, since players could escape enemy kills just by "accidentally" falling into the off.

But /kill selfkills and "nade accidents" can be recognized easier :P

Still, I like the map, I just wanted to mention that it might suit leagueplay, but we'll see :D

*thumbs up*

Hitman
August 3, 2005, 11:20 pm
I just played a couple of rounds with Ville, LazehBoi and Alamo on this map and to be honest I hardly realised that it was more than one round because it was so much fun. With most maps you finish a round and if it's the same one again you tend to think "Oh great, not again".

This map is endless fun and is more than a replacement for Storm. Make it official, please.

m00`
August 4, 2005, 6:49 am
yah this is really cool, storm is boring

Michal Marcinkowski
August 4, 2005, 11:37 am
Yeah it's fun even with bots.

Chakra`
August 4, 2005, 12:42 pm
I ain't tried it myself, but it looks highly playable. And Storm, although it can be fun, usually just gets annoying and disorientating. It's a vote-out map.

Bugs Revenge
August 4, 2005, 3:05 pm
yeah I've played this map as well
very enjoyable :)