( search forums )
After-Release-Bugs 1.3
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
August 6, 2005, 1:13 am
A lot of problems occured directly after the release of 1.3, mostly serverside (besides the Spas bug). Did you do some more experimenting on the server after the last slaughter?

Map sceneries arent loaded properly, especially on the new maps, eventhough that worked perfectly fine in the RC version.

And many other strange things like:

02:07:35 ? [ @Evil-Ville ] I tested it and something extremely weird happened
02:07:55 ? [ @Evil-Ville ] I didn't respawn and I still looked like a red team member to myself
02:08:04 ? [ @Evil-Ville ] And I could carry around the flag
02:08:14 ? [ @Evil-Ville ] Red flag as red team member
02:08:24 ? [ @Evil-Ville ] And I went to blue side and capped

- Many servers die after a short time
- Map download can stop working all of a sudden
- Compression is set to 1 (was on 2 in the last version). Why? What does it change? What are the different compression settings available?
(a user reported, that his server was working much better when he set this value to 2 again)
- Custom maps + weapon mods is screwed
- default sceneries shown missing on htf_Futura and htf_Boxed (worked fine in the RC version)
- Spas immediately reloaded when repeatedly pressing nade button when its empty
- strange but rare bugs like a player trying to change teams, seeing himself dead, then spawning on the same team again but being able to act like a member of the other team

Something is messed, I just dont know what and why O.o

KnOt
August 6, 2005, 1:20 am
Yes.. this is all true. On the plus side though, i'm quite pleased with the weapon balance. Although LAW may as well be removed, because NOBODY is using it now (it's a piece of crap). Ad er.. Barret is overpowered.

Chakra`
August 6, 2005, 7:42 am
*slaps knot*

Don't be a noob like those guys in the general discussion forum, please ¬_¬

KnOt
August 6, 2005, 12:02 pm
SILENCE.. A lot of people agree with me. People who are active and play gather games / clan wars every day.. so..

I mean now everyone's just using knife ;Q .. I dont mind, I can adapt.. I'll start using knife too..

N1nj@
August 6, 2005, 2:14 pm
What Kn0t said is kinda true, a lot of people use knife. But soccom and law are still very effective.

grand_diablo
August 6, 2005, 2:19 pm
bleh, balance etc seems quite fine, this is not the point of the topic. Im talking about technical problems that should be solved ;O

Denacke
August 6, 2005, 3:43 pm
Give it some time, I think one day is not enough to draw conclusions concerning the weapon usage.

As for those technical errors, yep fix fix ;o

Cold Fusion
August 6, 2005, 4:48 pm
The weapon modded server filter is enabled by default, so you have to turn it off. It'd be good to have it disabled by default if this is the case.

grand_diablo
August 6, 2005, 6:53 pm
Ive heard numerous complaints about the new server version. It really needs to be improved, it seems to be totally weird.

Outcast
August 8, 2005, 9:24 am
When your on fire from the flamer you're invulnerable from other weapons. I've noticed this today as some guy was on fire from out flame dude and i was steyr auging him and it just pushed him away and leaving no dmg. A minute later it was the exact same situation minus him being on fire nad he died before hitting the ground. So it wasn't lag.
The nade bug where the nade just PASSES through the guy even if hes like quite away.

Snowden
August 8, 2005, 5:03 pm
there is this strange bug where if you press up and jet while moving backwards, the character flips up
in all seriousness though, i would like to have the option of disabling the backflip, or, somehow binding it to another key combination. i find it to interfere with play - i can recall several instances where it has made me lose the flag already. others have also complained

the key combination for the flag throw is also awkward, and you cant bind it to any other key combination :(

and while we're on the subject, i don't see why any function you can perform by pressing a key (e.g. F1 F2 F3...) can't be bound to different keys.

Cold Fusion
August 8, 2005, 5:49 pm
The custom maps download still crashes the server if more than x(one) person tries to download a map at a time, which is a very very bad thing if you have a full server and it changes to a custom map. NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

m00`
August 9, 2005, 12:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
- Custom maps + weapon mods is screwed

me and spyder figured out how to make this work for now.

start a a server, dedicated or not dedicated, im not sure, but we've confirmed not dedicated works, and put an official map like arena or somthing then load the weapon mod you want and wait for all your friends that wanna play to join then change map to custom map and there you go :p but sadly people cant join once your at the custom map with the weapon mod.

I tried doing this on yuk's server and people were able to join when it was custom map and weapon mod was on, im not sure if this has anything to do with server being dedicated or not dedicated, because it didnt work with frogboy's server and his was dedicated, yuk's was not dedicated and it worked :o

Michal Marcinkowski
August 9, 2005, 1:11 pm
Cold Fusion: What if you change MaxConnection to 1 in soldat.ini?

-RaveN`tP-
August 9, 2005, 3:10 pm
Somehow the mapdownload does not work at all for me... i just get "Map ctf_something not found"...

Psyl3ntShad0w
August 10, 2005, 5:19 pm
I found a list of 1.3 bugs at Fractured Soldat found by silent...

http://www.fracturedsoldat.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=412

Michal Marcinkowski
August 18, 2005, 10:31 pm
I did some testing of the invisible LAW bug.
It seems that the first two or so shots from a players LAW are invisible. After that it is normal. Can you confirm the same? I just lauched two Soldat clients to test it.

grand_diablo
August 18, 2005, 10:48 pm
Mmmh
I dont think it works like that. Ive had numerous invisible LAWs in a recent clanwar, all from the same player. Maybe it works like "spawn - 1 or 2 invi laws - laws visible - player dies" <- like in a circle, so everytime a player dies and respawns, his first one or two law rockets become invisible.

About the scenery problem: My tweaked serversettings seem to be a good workaroung (although im not sure what exactly ive done to get rid of that bug), but also my server stops submitting maps etc. after some time.

my tweaked settings: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=26405