( search forums )
cap points
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
KnOt
August 10, 2005, 3:07 pm
Firstly: Why did you change them? 25 was fine, everyone's used to it like that.. I dont see how 20 is any better.

Secondly: Usually I get 20 points for capping, but sometimes I still get 25... o_O Anyone else noticed this? I think it depends on what server you play..

grand_diablo
August 10, 2005, 5:06 pm
maybe some servers have set it to 25 (is it possible to change them?)

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo(is it possible to change them?)

Yes.

Cold Fusion
August 11, 2005, 4:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by grand_diablo(is it possible to change them?)

Yes.

How? I can't see an option.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:15 pm
quote:- Added Infiltration and HTF options in soldat.ini -
Blue_Points_Time (time for blue team to get point in seconds); Red_Points_Capture (amount of points for capture);
HTF_Points_Time (time to get point in seconds)

That is, if knot is talking about INF. CTF, I dunno :\

N1nj@
August 11, 2005, 4:27 pm
I think it's what silen posted on the Fractured soldat forum.

quote:- Alpha team caps are worth 20, while Bravo team is worth 25? Is it supposed to be like that? I'm not sure if its just our server (#Hawtsecks ctf) but that goes on there.. just go cap a few different times. Also why would Michal even change that? It's kind of pointless, anyway.

Soap
August 12, 2005, 12:30 am
I think there should be a "points" and "kills" system. Sometimes when I n00b 25 people, I get the feeling that they will think I captured a flag rather than expertly slaughtering all of them, and I don't like that.

m00`
August 12, 2005, 2:24 am
yah i've noticedd that sometimes i get 25 and sometimes 20, i think its somthing to do with the teams as spyder quoted.

KnOt
August 13, 2005, 2:01 am
Yes I was talking about ctf. And yes, now I get it.. it's 20 points for alpha, and 25 for bravo............
BUT WHY?!?!

N1nj@
August 13, 2005, 3:24 am
Why? Because michal made a mistake. Simple.

Cold Fusion
August 14, 2005, 1:18 pm
A better system would be to have two separate columns, one for kills and one for caps. Or alternatively, 100 points for a cap so you easily work out number of caps and kills.

N1nj@
August 14, 2005, 4:26 pm
100 :O

That's a lot..

Denacke
August 14, 2005, 5:00 pm
Yet what he sais makes sense. If you'd see one with a score of 139 you can be pretty sure you he has 39 kills and one cap. With the current system you can't be sure wether he has one cap and 14(19?) kills or 0 caps and 39 kills.

-RaveN`tP-
August 16, 2005, 2:20 pm
Err seriously is it THAT important to know how much ppl someone killed? I mean... it's all about that "whoa i killed 37426857 ppl"-attitude... whether someone made his points by capping or by killing ain't important to me at all. Just my 0.05?

SERIAL KILLeR
August 20, 2005, 4:42 pm
Its because you get 5 points substracted for every player your team has more.

KnOt
August 21, 2005, 7:05 pm
No it isn't. And even if it was, what's the point in CTF? CTF aint about individual scores, it's about your team score. And each cap is worth 1 point only.

MisterX
August 22, 2005, 5:41 pm
Oh yeah, seperated columns for kills and caps... Suggested since so long ago, liked by nearly everyone since then, though there's never been a single comment on it by Michal..
Raven, for sure it's not incredibly important, but I find it's nice to know. What else are the stats for? You won't get any cookies for having a good score, but I like to know how good/bad I am and other people are.