( search forums )
Nades going through players
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
August 15, 2005, 11:34 am
As the topic says, nades now fly through nearby players when you throw them and generally seem to have a starting point way off the own player. I guess this was done to fix the nade selfkilling when throwing a nade down your feet when in the air or when you turn around to fast while throwing it.

That bug is indeed fixed, but nades are seriously problematic now, as you often throw threm through your opponent in close combat.

Itd be cool if another solution was found to solve this problem + the nade selfkill (like Soldat calculation the throwing angle, and only when its between 160° & 200° the starting point gets changed to further away, or sth like that. Would at least solve the sk when throwing it downwards. (Sorry if its a stupid suggestion, I have no idea how the nade throwing works technically)

Whatever, it deserves tuning imo, because throwing nades through opponents looks rather weird ingame and is actually annoying as I believe it isnt meant to be like that :p

Michal Marcinkowski
August 16, 2005, 1:04 am
Well it's not meant to be like that. Fixing the nade selfkilling did this. Fixing one bug produces another one :].

grand_diablo
August 16, 2005, 3:46 pm
I prefer the old one, if theres no other solution

Denacke
August 19, 2005, 9:14 pm
Aye, I agree with dibo.