( search forums )
Severe soldat crash + 800x600 window suggestion
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
August 15, 2005, 12:56 pm
When I play in Fullscreen mode (same settings as in 1.2.1, no smooth poly edges, no weather fx, only rendered bullet trails, no antialiasing, dithering enabled, video adapter: GF4 Ti 4200, sound: Primary sound device), it sometimes just stops working, means: Sound is gone and nothing moves ingame. Though everything else in the background seems to be still alive, but Im mostly unable to return to the windows screen to shut Soldat down via the Taskmanager then (tried it with win key, f9, alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del). So I have to press reset, which sucks :/

The problem wasnt there in 1.2.1, and it doesnt occur in windowed mode. Its ruining the fun, because I have bad aim in windowed mode, cause the 640x480 window is so small at 1024x768 resolution, and I dont want to change my screen resolution to 800x600 everytime I play Soldat.

Please fix this!

And the suggestion:
Implement another window mode that scales the game to a 800x600 window. I think many ppl would like something like that as they prefer windowed mode to fullscreen, but the 640x480 thing is simply too small. Plus it would be a nice compromise between playability and graphics imo.