( search forums )
Annoying bug with taunts
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
DeMonIc
August 19, 2005, 4:52 pm
Problem 1#: If I set my taunt to my throw weapon key, it will throw away my precious Minigun every time I use the taunt :(

Proposed Solution: Charged throw? That is, you'd have to keep the throw button pushed to actually throw, pretty much like the grenade (except with halved range with everything except the knife). Ofcourse the knife would become a bit harder to use, but I think we all had enough of people switching to their knife and throwing it into our faces from 2 meters.

Problem 2#: If I type a message that's last letter is assigned to a command, my Soldier will do the command.

Proposed Solution: Maybe a blankspace could be put after every message automatically before it get's sent?

MisterX
August 25, 2005, 3:28 pm
to Problem 1: Yep, can happen. You either press the key of the taunt to long, this way you use it, like throwing away your weapon. Or you hold Alt too long, like I do, this way, when you wanna move on, you write more taunts by accident. Both suck, yea ^^ Still the new taunts system is great, no doubt about that. Anyway, the solution sounds good. The charge time shouldn't be too long though.
to Problem 2: Hey, that solution - if it works - sounds really good :) It's always been a problem, and if it could be solved that easily.. phew :)