( search forums )
First twat spotted
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Hitman
August 26, 2005, 2:17 am
Was just in a server in the delightful company of a hacker. He claims that his hack had Teleporting, Invisibility and an Aim-Bot, two of which I can confirm and one of which I'm uncertain about.

Teleporting: Yup this a**hole was defiantly teleporting. I was acting all nice and interested so he gave me a demonstration and *poof* he appeared in my base.

Invisibility: Well, it's partially invisible. He did seem to be invisible but every now and then he flickered which left a trail of where he'd been (Like a mouse trail).

Aim-Bot This is the one I'm not too sure about. Although, seeing as he was teleporting around his speed was abnormally fast but his aim was worryingly accurate for somebody travelling at that speed.

I would post demos but for some reason Soldat is being really cool and giving me Access Violation. Maybe later. Oh, and er, I kinda screwed up on the chat log too...didn't have logging enabled. I have got a 255mb video that I recorded with Fraps..

Any takers?

Didn't think so. Does anybody know any good compression programs...*Looks in Amblins direction*

Edit: I apologise if you are already aware of this but seeing as I assumed one would post automatically about it here, I didn't think you were.

grand_diablo
August 26, 2005, 2:22 am
I havent seen the invisibility and teleporting bug yet, but one user claiming to use an aimbot. But his stats didnt prove this, so I actualy doubt there is an aimbot for Soldat, though the other two hacks seem "typical" for Soldat.

Cookie.
August 26, 2005, 3:36 am
Yea Ive seen alot of the older 1.2.1 style hacks that were done by editing teh valu3 to get more ammo and crap and other guns.

As for the aim bot... I think i could make one easily but it woudlnt work well ;)
The easiest way is to just get custom gosteks for the enemy team so they have a unique pixel colour on them. Using a program that is used for botting in some online RPGs(AutoIt), you can easily modify an already made bot script to search out the colour on the soldat. Then when it identifies the unique pixel colour it would click on it, the click being your fire button. However this method probably would only work well for barret and ruger type guns. Or maybe it would work best for spray :o

That is just my thoughts on it. I don't think that method would be stoppable either?

frogboy
August 26, 2005, 3:48 am
After a quick Google search, I found a cheat which turns all bullets into knives, and grenades into cluster grenades or knives (I don't think the knives do anything). I also found a hack which lets you jump while in the air, but I eventually got Access Violations.

MisterX
August 26, 2005, 3:58 am
I couldn't imagine a working aimbot for Soldat. How would it be supposed to work? Every weapons aim is totally different, the bullets speed, their "curve", anything. How should this work?

Cookie.
August 26, 2005, 4:54 am
I kinda said one possible\easiest way in my post

DeMonIc
August 26, 2005, 10:29 am
Well if you'd edit the gosteks so the unique pixel is above the soldier by a little, you'd have an accurate aimbot for barret / ruger. Also with the -mod feature, one could make specific mods for each weapon's aimbot.
On the other hand, if big M makes that patch he was talking about, those hacks won't work again.

frogboy
August 26, 2005, 10:58 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcOn the other hand, if big M makes that patch he was talking about, those hacks won't work again.

The thing is, if it's just a patch, it'll most likely be compatible with the 1.3 release, and cheaters won't bother updating, and I don't think everyone's going to download a mandatory update this early -- only 75% of servers have updated to 1.3 at the moment.

EDIT: Would game cheats be classed as "hacker programs", as one of the sites hosting the newer hacks has a statement in their AUP against "hacker programs".

m00`
August 26, 2005, 11:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Yea Ive seen alot of the older 1.2.1 style hacks that were done by editing teh valu3 to get more ammo and crap and other guns.

As for the aim bot... I think i could make one easily but it woudlnt work well ;)
The easiest way is to just get custom gosteks for the enemy team so they have a unique pixel colour on them. Using a program that is used for botting in some online RPGs(AutoIt), you can easily modify an already made bot script to search out the colour on the soldat. Then when it identifies the unique pixel colour it would click on it, the click being your fire button. However this method probably would only work well for barret and ruger type guns. Or maybe it would work best for spray :o

That is just my thoughts on it. I don't think that method would be stoppable either?

wat happens when you start shooting polygons :p

Cookie.
August 26, 2005, 7:36 pm
Yea thats one of the reasons why it dosnt work well :P If a polygon has a colour on it that matches the soldats gostek, and it would often end up shooting through polygons because it sees a soldier behind them xD

Hitman
August 26, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote: Well if you'd edit the gosteks so the unique pixel is above the soldier by a little, you'd have an accurate aimbot for barret / ruger.He was using a ruger.

quote:On the other hand, if big M makes that patch he was talking about, those hacks won't work again.I heard there is something like a Punkbuster in Wolfenstein which is very affective...what does that do?

Cookie.
August 26, 2005, 9:12 pm
I believe it is just an antihack protection. But I also think that it would cost Michal money to have it put in the game? Adding a new patch would only stop the memory edit cheats temporarily. It would not take long for them to find teh value again

FliesLikeABrick
August 27, 2005, 3:57 pm
has enesce had any talk about starting work on something for soldat to serve anti-hack purposes? I know he would have the ability to help MM out with this, but I'm not sure if talks have ever gone that far

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:06 pm
I made a topic about how an anti-hack solution would work, but no one stood behind it well enough. =\

Chakra`
August 28, 2005, 5:19 pm
I also made a topic about asking enesce to the beta test, although apparently he was helping michal through email, sending him all his hacks and how they exploited Soldat.

However i've begun to notice a few hackers in publics already. It's only been two weeks. Michal luv, you're gonna have to do something more at some point.