( search forums )
Player autologin as admin
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
September 14, 2005, 3:53 pm
I think there should be an option to join a server as player/spectator with admin righs at once (means you enter the admin password in the join setup and Soldat does the /adminlog automatically after entering a team or the specmode).

Could look like
[IMAGE]

Nothing very important, but if you feel like it and its not too hard to code, you might implement it :p

m00`
September 15, 2005, 6:38 am
or you could /adm your self in game, thus admining your ip so no need to keep admin logging in, wouldnt wor kwith 56k though ^^

frogboy
September 15, 2005, 6:42 am
Another idea would be to use the password box as both - if you join a server with the admin pass, it will automatically give you access rights as you connect. This would let you join passworded and full servers too, because admins can do this. It'd be much easier than opening Soldat Admin, logging in, adminning your IP and then connecting. For those of us with dynamic IPs, it'd save time.

MisterX
September 15, 2005, 12:04 pm
Good idea, and an even better amendment frogboy ^^ I'm alright with "/admip"ing myself first, but this would definately safe time. And I don't think there's anything to say against it.
I wonder why you posted this here, though. In my opinion suggestions by betatesters shouldn't be of a higher priority than all the others in the suggestions section, simply because they're posted in the beta section :o

grand_diablo
September 15, 2005, 5:03 pm
I agree with Frogboy, this idea is even better :P

I posted it here, because the Game Improvements/Suggestions forum are mainly used for gameplay related suggestions and Id like to know the opinion of guys who really have a clue, rather than lots of "WE NEED BUGFIXES NOT NEW FEATURES" spam.