( search forums )
weapons131.ini
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
September 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
My attempt on creating a 1.31 weapon setting ini, based on the discussion thread:

quote:// :: Weapons 1.3.1

[Info]
Name=Default mod
Version=1

[USSOCOM]
Damage=170
FireInterval=12
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=178
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[HK MP5]
Damage=103
FireInterval=6
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=95
Speed=187
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-25
MovementAcc=1

[Ak-74]
Damage=113
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-40
MovementAcc=1

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=115
Speed=260
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-35
MovementAcc=1

[Spas-12]
Damage=120
FireInterval=40
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=175
Speed=140
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Ruger 77]
Damage=242
FireInterval=35
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=115
Speed=325
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=18
MovementAcc=3

[M79]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=180
Speed=110
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=28
MovementAcc=3

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=250
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=86
MovementAcc=7

[FN Minimi]
Damage=86
FireInterval=9
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=265
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-49
MovementAcc=2

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=48
FireInterval=4
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=290
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=50
Bink=-10
MovementAcc=1

[Flamer]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=105
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=210
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=800
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=180
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Combat Knife]
Damage=215000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Chainsaw]
Damage=2100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=65
Speed=70
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=23
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Punch]
Damage=33000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=50
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Grenade]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=50
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=180
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=360
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Changes in detail:

Socom
Damage: -2
Speed: -2
it seemed partially a bit too powerful in mid combat, just a bit though.

HK MP5
Damage: -5
Speed: -3
was too powerful, should be solved, see discussion thread.

Ak-74
Damage: -2
was slightly too powerful.

Spas:
Damage: -1
FireInterval: +6
see discussion thread

Ruger
Damage: -1
FireInterval: +3
Speed: -5
see discussion thread, the less speed should also help a bit.

M79
Damage: -15000
Bink: +3
less damage = less damage radius = less boost. Still deadly, should solve the boosting problem without messing around with the physics. Plus: M79s were generally a bit too precise, thats why I raised the bink.

Barret:
FireInterval: +10
Bink: +6
MovementAcc: +1
see discussion thread.

Minimi:
Damage: -3
Speed: -5
Was still a bit too effective.

I felt the selfbink was quite right for the autos, thats why there werent any changes in this direction.

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 27, 2005, 6:28 pm
Uhm. Changes to the LAW and/or knife perhaps?

MisterX
September 27, 2005, 6:37 pm
I don't see why AK should be too strong. Actually I felt, compared to Steyr, it's too weak. The fire rate is pretty slow, so you can have a very hard time fighting a deagler for example. But the rest doesn't look bad.

grand_diablo
September 27, 2005, 7:02 pm
Psylent, those changes that would be required for the knife and the LAW can only be done by Michal.

Urhos
September 27, 2005, 7:07 pm
Dont touch the barret -.- it has been nerfed enough !

Stop using your lameass autos and enjoy the feeling of the long hard steel in your crotch

Psyl3ntShad0w
September 27, 2005, 8:04 pm
Oh I thought we could tweak startup times? I'm not really sure since I don't really mess with WM settings. Knife I guess only Michal can do though and LAW scope if thats what we're shooting for.

-RaveN`tP-
September 27, 2005, 9:39 pm
I support Urhos!

grand_diablo
September 27, 2005, 11:16 pm
Its just slight nerf on barret.

+10 on shooting intervall is like nothing compared to the value before, same with bink. The only thing that really might change a bit is the increase of the MovAcc.

frogboy
September 28, 2005, 1:56 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloPsylent, those changes that would be required for the knife and the LAW can only be done by Michal.
You can change start up time with weapons.ini, if that's what you mean.

quote:[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=23
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
EDIT: Also, just looking over your changes, MP5 has the least self-bink out of all autos, so I'd think about increasing self bink instead of decreasing damage or speed. I would also increase M79's FireInterval or ReloadTime slightly.

N1nj@
September 28, 2005, 2:17 am
You can make a startup time for the knife tho. It wouldn't work.

MisterX
September 28, 2005, 12:28 pm
Also the StartUpTime is the time it takes until you can fire the LAW when you take it out for the first time after spawning. It doesn't have anything to do with the delay I guess. Still I think, with the delay now, the StartUpTime for the LAW should be taken out entirely. You can't even shoot LAW while being invincible after spawning anyway. That's different for the knife, for some unlogical reason.

Bugs Revenge
September 28, 2005, 1:41 pm
Stop nerfing the m79 as well :( its speed was decreased already.
maybe remove the dmg only by 10000? :P
and don't forget that while you'r nerfing some weapons you make the others STRONGER.
and the succom was fine as well IMO. :\

Chakra`
September 28, 2005, 1:55 pm
yeah, lets tread carefully here.

From what most people i've witnessed say, the balance is near enough to perfect as it'll ever be, though usually say "it could still do with some tweaks".

Urhos
September 28, 2005, 2:32 pm
Why mess up the balance now?

Theres always sumthing wrong with the balance to some ppl. No1 in the civilized world of soldat has said anythin' 'bout the balance being fooked.

And in the next version cumming you'll have to tweak everything again, after you screw it up this time.

grand_diablo
September 28, 2005, 3:25 pm
its called evolution, I doubt there will ever be a perfect balance, but that fact shouldnt stop us from tweaking.

Tbh most complaining threads by now were about mp5 and barret (4 barret threads atm in the general discussions), and only few about other weapons.

The selfbink for mp5 also starts rather early, but youre usually dead before, thats why I tried to fiddle around with dmg and bullet speed. Changes on m79 are more or less minor and focusing on the boosting problem. A direct and near hit will still be deadly.

When nerfing weapons, the other ones get stronger _IN COMPARISON_. But thats actually the effect that I want, as they were weaker before, so I try to equal em out this way.

Those changes for sure need some testing, I dont claim them as perfect. But I rather take action and start experimenting now instead of only continuing the discussion which will probably never bring a solution everyone would agree to. But I take it as "base" for any changes on the weapon balance. Still, those changes need testing, I tried not to nerf any weapon in an unfair manner (im currently pwning with MP5 and Barret, so Im ignoring my own weapon preferences aswell :) ), but we have to test it to find out if it worked or not.

Bugs Revenge
September 28, 2005, 4:21 pm
Well I agree that some tweaks could do better since we would never get the "Perfect Balance"
But, we shall never stop trying :P
hmm, let's just try Diablo's version out and see how is it..

Urhos
September 28, 2005, 5:17 pm
well, why wont we make barret not kill with 1 hit? and keep it as it is otherwise?

Then you could say you've made 2 weapons useless. weee

DeMonIc
September 28, 2005, 5:28 pm
If you'd set a slow fireinterval for knife, it'd stop the problem with people throwing it in your face from an inch when they run out of ammo / miss.

I'm talking about half a second here atleast!

And a barret change should be made, but not a real significant one.. just to make it less-noobie friendly.
The trick of the barret is releasing your movement keys when you shoot, thus you get an accurate blow no matter how high you set the movement-acc.
We need an alternate solution, which won't require a complete re-learning of the gun from the players.

Meandor
September 30, 2005, 3:09 pm
[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=100
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Just a minimal change. Reload 103>99. Since they have been declassed in the latest version, I think a little improvement is in order. Changing the damage for them would be a bit risky.

GD's Mp5 should be okay - though what he suggested doesn't change much; unlike some other weapons, when teamed up, multiple mp5 don't turn out to be as useful. So a little tweak should be enough.

Spas - interval 40>43 (spas isn't really overused, 6 is excessive imo)

Socom - I wouldn't change it, I'd rather make the other less popular secondaries (LAW and knife) better. See below.

[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=16
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Startup time: 23>16

[Chainsaw]
Damage=2100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=80
ReloadTime=40
Speed=70
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Ammo: 40>80
Reload: 65>40

For anything I didn't mention, I agree with GD - though I'm not sure about the barret, even if they are small changes. I rarely use it, so I can't really tell.

Chakra`
September 30, 2005, 5:04 pm
Maybe we should get a server to test this on?

On the topic of barret, i'm fairly content with going up against it. Though I have frequently encountered barret-users being shot and sprayed and the bink having no real affect some of the time. S'bout the only complaint i can come up with. I concur with the m79 bink though...I honestly don't want to see 1 shot weapons nerfed beyond use, no matter how annoying at times, but the m79 is proving incredibly useful in anyones unbinkable hands.

Chakra`
October 3, 2005, 9:59 pm
'k, we just had a brief run with G_D's changes. Haven't tried anyone elses yet.

My opinion? The mp5 seems 'questionably ok' right now. Can't say i'm sure about it, but it's somewhere between perfect and 'too' nerfed. Need to spend more time with it.

The changes to the shotgun seem silly. It's practically back to what it was during 1.2.1, useless in comparison. I preferred it the way it was, and have minimal problems vs a shotty in 1.3.

The changes to the ruger also seem useless. The effect of the ruger seems pretty much the same. I believe keeping the stats of the ruger to the original 1.3, but increasing the bink by about 3-6 points at first would do the trick. We were testing the bink, and while under constant spray, the ruger's aim is jarred by a very small meaningless amount by the time it takes 10 auto-shots to hit me, which in my opinion is the source of it's current popularity in 1.3; it can be used anywhere vs anyone.

On that note, the m79 and barret's bink, which were also unchanged, seem like they need to be changed. They have positively next to zero effect while being shot.

Bugs Revenge
October 6, 2005, 12:47 am
I think nerf the ak about -4 , not -2
it's shots are too strong for it's long clip.

Bugs Revenge
October 6, 2005, 3:31 am
Ok so i've just been thinking about it and I would respond for every weapon..

USSOCOM - I don't think it should be nerfed, ppl use LAW more than that weapon, you have no chance even killing 1hitshotwep with it while he's missing you.. I think it's fine the way it is now. Maybe just -2 speed, don't tauch its DMG.

Desert Eagles - Oh well, we'r just nerfing now the ruger a bit, I don't think they should be changed meandor, then they would overpowered for the semiautos.. they are now as the nerfed ruger imo.

HK MP5 - Well we've been testing ur MP5 just a little bit but it seems to be fine GD :)

Ak-74 - As i've said before, I think it should be nerfed a little bit more. let me explain why..
The AK has too long clip, it can just keep shot and be used for SPRAYERS..the way we've made it now it's just equal to the Styer which has a way shorter clip, in my oppinion the AK should be nerfed even in 3 of DMG coz this way it would be BACKUP weapon = what it used to be.

Steyr AUG - It's just ballanced.

Spas-12 - Well, I think GD's spas is just perfect.

Ruger 77 - Haven't tested it yet but it seems to be fine as well.

M79 - Gotta check ur sertting out GD's

Barret M82A1 - well it seems to be fine, I still think it doesn't matter how much u bink it, the bink effect should be more sensetive.

FN Minimi - well, GD's settings.

Chainsaw - Meandor settings.

M72 LAW - I think there should be just a bit less startup time -3.

That's it ^_^
So I've used Demonic's settings a bit, changed what I think was needed to change by the things I've said up + used some of Meandor's advises for LAW + Chainsaw
http://llsc.us/members/BugsRevenge/uploads/Comb131.ini

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 6, 2005, 5:03 am
i agree with chakra bout the ruger as well...more bink and keep the rest the same.

Meandor
October 6, 2005, 2:15 pm
Bugs: the speed, for many weapons, including ak and socom, does affect them more than damage. Damage changes under 5 points are often unnoticeable.
I've thought about the de again, they are ok as they are now.

Bugs Revenge
October 6, 2005, 3:46 pm
well, I guess u'r right Meandor..
just set the speeds as you want, I just tried to change it as I think it would be the most equal settings.