( search forums )
Nerf Boosting
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
October 2, 2005, 2:50 am

As far as i'm aware, back in 1.05b, explosives and m79s were capable of 'boosting' the player.

Somewhere around 1.1.3-5, this was accidently removed by Michal.

Back in 1.2, or whenever, it was re-introduced.

For the sweet love of god, get rid of it. I'm tired of people boosting all over the place, and being bounced around like a ping pong ball for upto literally 30 seconds of no control over my movement. I'm sick of people 'mastering' boosting with nades and m79 just so they can make a quick escape with the flag, instead of the thrill of fighting for it.

I'm in Soldat for the gore! not for zooming around like i'm on a speedhack stealing flags and unable to touch the ground.

I know some of you enjoy it, but frankly, it just pisses alot of people off. I want to kill people, not kill people boosting into the air like it was clay pidgeon shooting.

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 2, 2005, 5:53 am
i could go either way...doesn't really bother me if you remove it or keep it...so compromise and do 50% less boostablility?

LazehBoi
October 2, 2005, 6:34 am
It doesn't bother me too much, but it does on maps like ctf_crashed, but that is the map's fault.
Ehh. I'm not sure about this one.

Outcast
October 2, 2005, 9:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

As far as i'm aware, back in 1.05b, explosives and m79s were capable of 'boosting' the player.

Somewhere around 1.1.3-5, this was accidently removed by Michal.

Back in 1.2, or whenever, it was re-introduced.

For the sweet love of god, get rid of it. I'm tired of people boosting all over the place, and being bounced around like a ping pong ball for upto literally 30 seconds of no control over my movement. I'm sick of people 'mastering' boosting with nades and m79 just so they can make a quick escape with the flag, instead of the thrill of fighting for it.

I'm in Soldat for the gore! not for zooming around like i'm on a speedhack stealing flags and unable to touch the ground.

I know some of you enjoy it, but frankly, it just pisses alot of people off. I want to kill people, not kill people boosting into the air like it was clay pidgeon shooting.

You're overreacting :) It's quite fine, maybe remove double speed boosts. Like, with boulders, or nade + m79.

grand_diablo
October 2, 2005, 10:00 pm
half the boosting power, and it should be fine, no need of a total nerf.

MisterX
October 2, 2005, 10:17 pm
I'm not sure about it as well. On the one hand I find it very, very anoying. Mostly you don't have a chance when someone boosts away. That's simply unfair and doesn't fit Soldat imho. On the other hand I like the idea of being boosted by grenades, so you can still try boosting away the enemy of your flag with M79 when he tries to cap and such. So I guess if something is done, a nerf would be fine. But not a total removal, as the others said.

b00stA
October 2, 2005, 11:06 pm
Eeeek. Do not remove it!
Just tone it down instead of completely removing it. Maybe the boosting should be 50-70% of what it is right now.

Chakra`
October 3, 2005, 12:02 am
Well I don't mind a 'slight reduction', but I do know Soldat was still a barrel of laughs back in 1.1.5. without it at all.

My the only one that finds it just a tad annoying when people purposely boost out of your base, and finds himself instantly half way to his own?

Bugs Revenge
October 3, 2005, 2:51 am
50% of what it's now seems to be fine :))

KnOt
October 6, 2005, 11:15 am