( search forums )
1.3 fix
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
October 3, 2005, 3:12 pm
I managed to do a compatible version of 1.3 with fixes. You can play this normally and test if the bugs are gone. Please report what's not fixed.

Changes:
- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu
- Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)
- Fixed extreme bink on respawn
- Fixed lobby registering errors in non-dedicated server game
- Fixed yellow player name still after thrown away flag
- Fixed flame whizz sound
- Fixed players using the same file for headgear
- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
- Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit
- Fixed invisible law bug
- Fixed Soldat not compatible with some background programs

Download:
http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/13fix.zip

MisterX
October 3, 2005, 3:51 pm
So I guess we're ready for a beta testing session? :)

Michal Marcinkowski
October 3, 2005, 4:35 pm
Well you can play this normally on public servers, so there is no need for testing sessions. When I release 1.3.1b we can do "internal" testings ;).

b00stA
October 3, 2005, 4:38 pm
Michal, what do you plan to do against the current new trainer? Hackers won't HAVE to switch to the fix which is most likely going to break the trainer.

DeMonIc
October 3, 2005, 6:18 pm
The fixes seem to work :)

Oh, but don't forget, the Fix is a registered executable (registered to debug). Don't forget that before you release it officially ;)

N1nj@
October 3, 2005, 11:18 pm
Few bugs we found:

1) Invisible cluster nades (not for the man who throws it but for the others) thx Bugs Revenge

2) In CTF, Alpha team caps are worth 20, while Bravo team is worth 25

3) Non-Dedicated Server: Error Message: List bound out of index(0)
[IMAGE]

4) The goal for CTF says you get 25 points for capping

5) The clip of the MP5 doesn't drop to the ground during a reload. It just disappears from the gun and reappears a moment later.

6) Invisible weapon in console when two people are killed each other at the same time

7) Barret: Fires through walls

8) The weapons are not reloaded when you are the host, only the Fire Interval Time bar gets reloaded.

9) When you have a custom stat gun, the left and right image gets placed differently:
[IMAGE]

10) The chainsaw-fire is placed differently when you are facing left:
[IMAGE]

anyway, good job on the fix Michal, keep it up ;P

Bugs Revenge
October 4, 2005, 3:34 am
Oww good job for listing it Spyder :)
anyway.. hmm
1) Invisible cluster nades --> not for the man who throws it but for the others.
(when I throw it I've seen it boombing, when someone else I didn't)

m00`
October 5, 2005, 12:44 am
i also have to complain about the socom graphics when your facing left and right, take a look, i think when your facing right it sticks out but when your facing left it looks normal (or the other way around)

and also the m79 graphics, when you switch to a secondary you cant see the m79 on your back when your facing left i think, but when your facing right you can see it, its probably the wrong way around, i forgot >.<

Outcast
October 5, 2005, 5:59 am
A bug i would like fixed very much : When you kill someone and you are still holding nade and you have to throw a nade and you throw it at his dead body. It looks like it explodes but it really doesn't and is invisible! I still can't get used to this allthough i died 1024125 times because of it since i thought there is no nade.

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 5, 2005, 6:05 am
ehm...i read somewhere that autodemoing doesnt work...?

Hercule Poirot
October 5, 2005, 9:38 am
heh

Registered to: Debug

^^

frogboy
October 5, 2005, 9:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Hercule PoirotRegistered to: DebugYeah, I figured that was a bug. I was going to report it but Demonic beat me to it. I guess Michal put something in the code to enable/disable registered mode, and forgot to disable before uploading it.

Bugs Revenge
October 5, 2005, 3:23 pm
hmm, I think I've found another bug, ain't sure tho.
about the Votings...
first of all, you could vote on maps which are not nessecary CTF while u'r in ctf mode,
I dunno if it's a bug but it's realy annoying find some CTF maps in this way.
--EDIT--
"- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu"
oh, but it's still annoying, maybe try to do it by some menu for example "vote for CTF maps" "Vote for DM maps" "Vote for HTF maps" etc. It would be a way easier this way.

anyway, I've tried to vote today on a map in gather, all of the others voted yes, (A map that existst on the server..)
nothing happened tho. I guess it's since none has this version but only me..
but still.. it doesn't work..
after that someone else with "normal" version voted and it worked perfectly.
Maybe it's because voting for the map now is map.PMS and in the older vote system it was just map oO

Michal Marcinkowski
October 5, 2005, 5:35 pm
// 1) Invisible cluster nades
can anyone confirm this?

Outcast:
That nade bug is hard to fix because I would have to do dead bodies server side and that would mean a lot more lag.

//Registered to: Debug
Well it's sort of a present, but not an intentional ;).

Bugs Revenge: Thanks for the vote bug

N1nj@: Thanks for reminding those bugs.

DeMonIc
October 5, 2005, 5:41 pm
Heh, I'll have the star and the colourfull flames while we test! You shouldn't have ;)

Cluster nades: yep, still here. I've encountered that bug too.

Bugs Revenge
October 5, 2005, 6:57 pm
yeah, only the thrower can see it bombing
(everybody could see the nade, but bombing only the thrower itself see it)

N1nj@
October 5, 2005, 9:56 pm
np MM. I forgot to mention about the WM being checked on in the filter as default, maybe that should be change to cause less confusion. Also, it will be nice to have auto sort ping back in the 'Join Game' page when you request servers list.

Chakra`
October 5, 2005, 10:14 pm
Is there anything being done about the problems people get downloading maps from servers? for some it works, for some it don't. Best ask the server-hosting people about this little thing.

N1nj@
October 6, 2005, 1:13 am
I thought a new server fix was released to fix this?

quote:12-09-05

Server fix

There is a new version of the dedicated server available for download which should manage the map downloading better.
In other news: I'm planning to make a patch for Soldat soon to fix some problems. I don't know how long it will take though.

MM

Chakra`
October 6, 2005, 2:19 am
Oh right...jolly good. One step ahead as always.

N1nj@
October 6, 2005, 2:48 am
So the reason why some works, some don't, is probably some of the servers havent update yet I think.

Cookie.
October 6, 2005, 6:56 am

"//Registered to: Debug
Well it's sort of a present, but not an intentional ;)"

Michal gave everyone reg keys? xD
That won't write over my current reg key will it?

b00stA
October 6, 2005, 3:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.

No, this has nothing to do with your registry afaik.

grand_diablo
October 6, 2005, 10:57 pm
What about an additional 800x600 window mode? Would that be possible (it would actually just be a scaled window mode, dunno if that is a hard thing to do). I mentioned it during the 1.3 beta already, but you kinda didnt react.

It would be a very cool solution to those who dislike the full screen mode. Because the windowed mode is a bit too much of micro management, there should be something between 640x480 and fullscreen.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26659

Hercule Poirot
October 7, 2005, 9:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.

Michal maybe you could give us regkey as a gift for our "hard" work in beta testing. I could bet that many beta testers have somekinda crack/downloaded regkey already O.o

Registered to: Beta testers unlocks bunnyears :P

MisterX
October 7, 2005, 1:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloWhat about an additional 800x600 window mode? Would that be possible (it would actually just be a scaled window mode, dunno if that is a hard thing to do). I mentioned it during the 1.3 beta already, but you kinda didnt react.

It would be a very cool solution to those who dislike the full screen mode. Because the windowed mode is a bit too much of micro management, there should be something between 640x480 and fullscreen.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26659

How should this be done? Either the whole screen would be stretched, which isn't possible in Soldat. Or the field of view would be increased, which would be totally unfair and an extremely bad addition. Or did I misunderstand you?

b00stA
October 7, 2005, 3:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterX
How should this be done? Either the whole screen would be stretched, which isn't possible in Soldat. Or the field of view would be increased, which would be totally unfair and an extremely bad addition. Or did I misunderstand you?

The whole screen would be stretched but to 800x600. It wouldn't look any better and it won't give any advantages over 640x480. As I see it the point is to be able to use a higher resolution than 640x480 in WINDOWED mode.

Edit: Who says this isn't possible in Soldat? It'd be some kind of DirectX thing :)

MisterX
October 7, 2005, 4:04 pm
I thought this always was the problem with a higher resolution, that it wouldn't be possible to strech the whole screen. But IF it's possible: yea, why not?

grand_diablo
October 7, 2005, 8:36 pm
quote:

It should be possible, fullscreens isnt anything else than a stretched "stretched" window ;)

The thing is, that 640x480 is extremely hard to play if you got a desktop resolution of 1024x768 or higher, 800x600 windowed would offer a comfortable solution for a windowed mode in higher resolutions, and I guess a lot of people would celebrate such an addition (including me, since fullscreen in 1.3 caused severe problems + its far more comfortable to switch between a window and the desktop than from a fullscreen application).

frogboy
October 8, 2005, 1:35 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloThe thing is, that 640x480 is extremely hard to play if you got a desktop resolution of 1024x768 or higher
Not really. I play windowed at 1024x768 and I can play fine. You just have to get used to it.

Michal Marcinkowski
October 8, 2005, 1:41 pm
Stretched video mode works extremely slow in DirectX, well at least the last tme I checked. Why can't you change the windows resolution to 640x480 and then play?

Michal Marcinkowski
October 8, 2005, 4:12 pm
I have a couple of questions:

- Non-Dedicated Server: Error Message: List bound out of index(0)
When does this exactly happen?

- Barret: Fires through walls
Can you give some examples, I can't do it?

- The weapons are not reloaded when you are the host, only the Fire Interval Time bar gets reloaded.
I don't know what you mean by this, more details?

- The chainsaw-fire is placed differently when you are facing left:
Isn't it the mod that does this, what about different ones?

DeMonIc
October 8, 2005, 5:28 pm
- Barret:
Stand so that the gun's end is in the wall, and aim at something which is on the other side, then shoot: the target will have his organs splattered across the battleground.

Cold Fusion
October 8, 2005, 8:01 pm
Has it been changed so that the weapon mods only filter isn't checked by default?

Because otherwise new players of the game just see a whole load of (WM) servers and that's it. Needs to be fixed.

N1nj@
October 8, 2005, 8:49 pm
- The Error Message: List bound out of index(0) happens whenever I host a non-dedicated for a long period of time, around 30min or so.

- Examples of barret shooting thru wall:
http://tinypic.com/efkppx.jpg
http://tinypic.com/efkprn.jpg

- The weapons are not reloaded after dropping it and picking it up when you are the host, only the Fire Interval Time bar gets reloaded. (is that better?)

- And for the chainsaw, bascailly the mod i used was 'Soldat Evolved' by Michal, it adds the chainsaw blade to make it looks like its turning in-game, but it gets placed/flipped too upward when you are looking left.

grand_diablo
October 9, 2005, 1:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiStretched video mode works extremely slow in DirectX, well at least the last tme I checked. Why can't you change the windows resolution to 640x480 and then play?

1. its uncomfortable, since im usually not playing very long sessions, but more often and shorter ones (changing the resolution 10 times a day isnt too good for the monitor too I guess) + my monitor only goes at 60 hz in 640x480, which is very evil to my eyes.

2. There should be a way to make it run fast enough ina 800x600 window, I know some games who do have scaled window modes (also DirectX based) and work fine. Itd be really cool if you got a 800x600 window to work. But if you dont have enough time for that or if its simply not possible, nevermind, no-one expected such an addition, and I can cope with the 640x480 window and the micro-soldiers aswell ;P

EDIT: Ive googled around a bit. Dunno if those links are of any use, since I have no idea about the state of your programming skills (I assume they must be godlike due to the fact that you did Soldat all of your own).
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1282.asp
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1608.asp

(Hell, Id like to help, I gotta learn Delphi someday ^^)

Michal Marcinkowski
October 15, 2005, 6:03 pm
Maybe the scaled window will run normally with newer video cards, I'll check it out.