( search forums )
c++ ip and name gatherer
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 12:26 pm
hello peeps.

fed up with leet haxors changing their name and rejoining?

im putting together an app i hope will be handy for any admins who possibly don't want to use the NR service (even tho i personally love enesce long time) or who dont run php or for any other reason.

it'll just gathers ips and names from console logs and outputs them to a file with the option to update your soldat banned ips file.

im going to start coding it in about 30 mins so you can track how long it takes me by my posting times. lol im such a child.

in a bit.

thanks n00bface for the help :) i'll make an OO version that'll do funky stuff like run alongside the server and do the same as noobfaces script but ban their ip too. the only advantage i offer is that C is universal. no apache or likewise needed. anyways im off for a coffee.

Leo
October 6, 2005, 2:54 pm
How about if the server is on remote machine ? Will it work ?

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 3:15 pm
it should. im making the first one for windows. i will do another for linux when i get access to a linux box. my fedora installation was on a dual boot machine that i fried on tuesday. should get a makeshift one tomorrow.

ultimately i want the program to be able to be left running on a remote machine and only update events as they occur.

this first one will just be a makeshift for now though dude ;)

thanks for the input. more is very welcome.

this afternoons going a bit crazy mental so i'm struggling to find the time to finish what im doing. ive only just got back to my desk but i should get an hour later.

FliesLikeABrick
October 6, 2005, 3:24 pm
ahab, i can give you an account on a linux box so that you can develop this

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 3:48 pm
thanks dude that would help me a lot. you can email or pm me the details if you like mate?

does it have a version of gcc on there i could use?