( search forums )
Buggie bug :)
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Outcast
October 18, 2005, 11:51 am
I've said it in several threads but i still didn't see it listed as fixed anywhere. I'm kind of busy these days can't really try things out :s
Anyway. When you kill a person and his body falls down and you still have a grenade charging to throw and you throw it at the body. It seems like it explodes but when you walk over the body you die by that same granade because it's still there.
Very annoying in alt routes :o

DeMonIc
October 18, 2005, 3:08 pm
Michal has said that fixing that problem would cause a severe increase in lag, because he'd have to make grenade explosions calculated server-side.

In the meantime, you could stop being a necrophiliac and not defy corpses by banging them with explosives.

Outcast
October 18, 2005, 3:14 pm
They dissapear anyway who cares if they're a little more banged up then before :o

LazehBoi
October 18, 2005, 3:33 pm
Is it possible to change it so that your grenades don't explode when they touch corpses?

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 18, 2005, 4:27 pm
nah if they didn't explode when they hit corpses...there would probably be an increase in nade spam...just think...someone throws 2 nades at a guy...1 nade kills him...the other goes through the corpse and hits you? sucks.

Outcast
October 18, 2005, 4:32 pm
The thing is the bloody nades actually DON'T EXPLODE. They just SEEM to. Sigh.

LazehBoi
October 18, 2005, 4:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wnah if they didn't explode when they hit corpses...there would probably be an increase in nade spam...just think...someone throws 2 nades at a guy...1 nade kills him...the other goes through the corpse and hits you? sucks.

I think you misunderstood. They don't explode server side when they hit corpses, but they do if they touch a corpse client side, creating an invisible nade.

DeMonIc
October 18, 2005, 5:08 pm
Or maybe you did? If the mentioned method (nades passing through corpses) would be used for fixing this bug, then nade spam would be even more devestating. Now you have a "shield" so to speak, because the grenade explosion stays in the corpse, so you only get wasted if you step on it.

NO U

Although I agree that this would be the most reasonable way to solve this problem, something should be changed to restrict nade spamming too. (maybe if you have 2 thrown grenades, you can't throw another two until the previously thrown ones explode?)

Outcast
October 18, 2005, 5:17 pm
It doesn't get trapped in the body, just try it :) It is where it would be if you've thrown it normally.

LazehBoi
October 18, 2005, 6:00 pm
Demonic, it passes through the corpse in the server, and damage is server side. Nade spam wouldn't be more devestating, it would be the exact same. All that would change is that you would actually SEE the grenades.
Good suggestion with the nade spam, though. I like that.
edit: added italic for emphasis, keke.
second edit: haha :p

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 18, 2005, 10:20 pm
Hmm...in that case...I would go with demonics idea. 2 nades on screen per player...bwahaha! lets see you spam now suckers!

...let them throw the 3rd nade at the cost of health...say 90% loss of health if you throw an additional nade... *snicker*

Michal Marcinkowski
October 19, 2005, 4:57 pm
LazehBoi explained it I think. It would be really hard to fix it on client and server. It is the same with bullets.
I could do it so that the nades don't explode on corpses at all, but that could cause less fun from hitting them.

DeMonIc
October 19, 2005, 5:09 pm
Ya know, if I'd have to choose between raping my dead opponents corpse with a frag grenade and not dying because of that bug in a Clan war or league game, I'd be in a pickle.

( Fix it pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease )

MisterX
October 19, 2005, 5:16 pm
I agree with Demonic. I guess it's a lot more anoying if you die because of it than it's funny when you make the corpses explode over and over again.

N1nj@
October 20, 2005, 12:50 am
how much more lag can it really cause?

Bugs Revenge
October 20, 2005, 3:51 am
Nah Spyder, it's not only about lags but about hard and long work as well..
There'r enough lags for soldat, agree with Demonic _^