( search forums )
About the weapon balance forums ...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Kazuki
October 22, 2005, 9:07 pm
I was wondering: how are we going to work the weapon balance forums? Are we just going to be simply asking for people's opinions? What type of enforcement does there need to be?

DeMonIc
October 22, 2005, 9:28 pm
I imagine we'd be listening to people's opinions, and their suggestions about what and how should the guns be changed. Ofcourse off-forum stuff, major suggestions, and pointless "zomg >WEAPON< nerf"-like posts would be deleted, and their posters publically humiliated/executed.

Chakra`
October 22, 2005, 10:02 pm
Basically, tell them to keep it simple. Just give their opinion, and to provide valid reasons to their opinion without flaring into a arguement. If somethings been said, then don't say it again.

You're gonna have to be forceful in there and promote some strong rules. Perhaps a forum like the bugs forum, where moderator approval is require?

Otherwise, arguers, trollers, outrageous or evidently stupid opinions, and people who go into too much detail, tell 'em all to go to hell. Warn, then ban. or some [CENSORED] like that. S'your jurisdiction guv.

Chakra`
October 22, 2005, 10:05 pm
(Double-post extrordinaire. Take a screenshot while it lasts)

Another thing you might find yourself wanting to do is removing those who are 'clearly' biased towards certain weapons. Perhaps let them know that, if they're believed to be evidently biased towards the 'safety' of a certain weapon on your observation, it's the door for 'em. We wanna hear from the clear, fair, straight-thinkers.

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 25, 2005, 2:02 am
Maybe we should have a post per weapon like we do in here?

are we going to be updating the weapons.ini as we make changes?

Chakra`
October 25, 2005, 2:36 am
Yep. And a good idea, although individual weapon topics may get a little crowded. Theres all sorts of perspectives to take on a weapon, like whether its usefulness be increased or decreased, and then in which way; bink, self bink, movementacc, speed, accuracy, rate of fire, etc...

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 25, 2005, 10:39 pm
I was wondering about posting of the weapons.ini in the public forum. i think it would help out other people and would open up other hopefully mainstream servers running the weapon mod. I was debating pointing out the differences in the weapon mod and the current 1.3 settings...although i'm not sure if that would be a good idea seeing that when we upgraded the AK just a tad the whole world decided they wanted to use the AK because it was so much stronger even though it really wasn't.

Bugs Revenge
October 25, 2005, 10:58 pm
I don't think that posting the Weapons.ini would be smart..
It would make ppl whine more.. just let them play and decide from playing.. ^_^

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 26, 2005, 5:03 pm
i'm beginning to think that most people base their reponses on the 1.3 settings and not the beta settings when talking in the weapon balance forums =/

DeMonIc
October 26, 2005, 5:08 pm
That maybe because only one server is available with the beta settings. I say we release the weapons.ini if no other servers are available till Saturday. (Contacting some server admins would also be nice.)

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 26, 2005, 5:21 pm
thing is...i've gone into the us server numerous times...and it's almost always empty...

Chakra`
October 26, 2005, 5:40 pm
You can't expect it to be used commonly. Not even the u13 private is commonly full, because people don't join servers they know don't have people in.

Which is why, whenever I want to play some u13 private, I go around a few irc channels and say "join u13 private you [CENSORED]s". And a happy time is had.