( search forums )
1.3.1c
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
October 24, 2005, 9:55 pm
Changes 1.3-1.3.1c:
- Added new secret ownage command
- Added file readonly.txt to prevent downloading certain files (original maps and sceneries cannot be downloaded)
- Added new anti-cheat solutions
- Added new command: /loadlist X (loads maplist from file X.txt);
- Added new command: /lobby (reregisters the server in the lobby server)
- Added log files split after reaching 512KB of size
- Modifed backflip performed by jumping up or flying backwards and pressing crouch key
- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu
- Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)
- Modified can't vote until 2 minutes pass after server join
- Modifed grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
- Fixed extreme bink on respawn
- Fixed lobby registering errors in non-dedicated server game
- Fixed yellow player name still after thrown away flag
- Fixed flame whizz sound
- Fixed players using the same file for headgear
- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
- Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit
- Fixed invisible law bug
- Fixed Soldat not compatible with some background programs
- Fixed blue team caps worth 20 instead of 25 points
- Fixed mp5 clip falling out
- Fixed killing through wall
- Fixed flames hit colliders

The files:
http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/patch131c.zip
http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/serverpatch241.zip

I didn't get a response from r0adkill from SK, maybe I'll look somewhere else.

grand_diablo
October 24, 2005, 10:18 pm
ill try to get my sercer running with 241, maybe it works (didnt with 240, access vio at start).

r0adkill has recognized that we need a serv, though he hasnt had time to set it up yet.

Btw what are the differences 131b -> c?

EDIT: Btw barret ammo is still set to 100 in the weapons.ini included, kekekeke :P

EDIT2: Eeek, backflip sucks the way its now :(

EDIT3: Server runs, although it crashes from time to time, which has nothing to do with the server application itself but occurs since the host moved it to a new ip.

N1nj@
October 24, 2005, 11:03 pm
When you are flying up and throw nades downward, the nade explodes right away and kills you. Also, I was wondering if pause bug and the invisible weapon in weapon console were fixed

Kazuki
October 25, 2005, 12:41 am
Hmm, is it just me or does the Barret have 100 bullets and reloads in 30 ticks? :P

I also don't like the backflip the way it is now, but I suppose it's not really my place to say so. <_< I haven't gotten a chance to test out anything else as I haven't played on the beta server.

"- Modifed grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)"
^
|

:O <3<3<3

Psyl3ntShad0w
October 25, 2005, 1:45 am
Eh so far so good...no access violation :)

I am unsure about the new backflip...I played with it a bit...I was wondering if you were supposed to be able to continuously backflip...say a quadruple backflip or something.

Kazuki
October 25, 2005, 2:14 am
Haha, yeah, I managed to do that as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that speed you up significantly? Definately a no-no.

Hercule Poirot
October 25, 2005, 8:09 am
Yay no more access violations...

Btw you can still go to roof on b2b becouse some parts of polygons aint deadly aaaaand don't forget to add grand diablos fixed voland on next release :/

LazehBoi
October 25, 2005, 11:27 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiHaha, yeah, I managed to do that as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that speed you up significantly? Definately a no-no.

I didn't really notice it speeding me up a lot, but i'm pretty certain it did. I don't like the new backflip at all because it doesn't really do anything and pressing more than directional keys is once is something I can't do a majority of the time.

Bugs Revenge
October 25, 2005, 12:06 pm
err, the backflip should be as it was in my oppinion..
No other bugs were fixed but the access violations right? still spas + mg, invisible weps in consul after 2 killing eachother, nades kill urself when flying + shot nade down. hmm dunno what's more.

Chakra`
October 25, 2005, 12:41 pm
Thank Snowden for the stupid suggestion of changing the backflip ....honestly, if it ain't broke...

grand_diablo
October 25, 2005, 12:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@When you are flying up and throw nades downward, the nade explodes right away and kills you.

Thats the price we pay for getting the nade throwing fix fixed :P
Before that we threw nades through or enemies at close range, instead of hitting them.

frogboy
October 25, 2005, 12:58 pm
I agree. The old way = win.

Michal Marcinkowski
October 25, 2005, 1:07 pm
Pause bug and the invisible weapon in weapon console were not fixed.
The backflip is just an experiment, I can get it back no problem.
Fixed voland? Where is it?

grand_diablo
October 25, 2005, 2:26 pm
Another B2b fix (no more roof laming)
& the fixed voland

http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/Maps_fixed.zip

MisterX
October 25, 2005, 2:56 pm
I also say bring back the old backflip. As I've heard for some a backflip with crouch+jump is pretty impossible to do because of their key settings.
About the nades: Wait.. didn't you change it back to what it was before 1.3 or 1.2 now? :) Previously you could kill yourself with nades while throwing them downwards. So it was changed to that they don't hit anything in a given range. Now they hit at close range again.
But seriously.. couldn't it be good that you kill yourself while throwing them downwards? I mean, throwing nades is damn useful and can also be very easy once you've trained enough. Perhaps it's good that it's a little tricky, so that careless nadespammers will have it harder :)

Meandor
October 25, 2005, 3:14 pm
The weapon mod only lobby filter is still in by default, it should be removed. It makes lots of people pissed/confused.

N1nj@
October 25, 2005, 4:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXI also say bring back the old backflip. As I've heard for some a backflip with crouch+jump is pretty impossible to do because of their key settings.
About the nades: Wait.. didn't you change it back to what it was before 1.3 or 1.2 now? :) Previously you could kill yourself with nades while throwing them downwards. So it was changed to that they don't hit anything in a given range. Now they hit at close range again.
But seriously.. couldn't it be good that you kill yourself while throwing them downwards? I mean, throwing nades is damn useful and can also be very easy once you've trained enough. Perhaps it's good that it's a little tricky, so that careless nadespammers will have it harder :)
even when you hold them the throw button for the nade, instead just spamming the nade key, the nade still explode in front of you...

grand_diablo
October 25, 2005, 4:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXI mean, throwing nades is damn useful and can also be very easy once you've trained enough. Perhaps it's good that it's a little tricky, so that careless nadespammers will have it harder :)

I still think there should be some solution, maybe short explosion/collision delay depending on the angle (when throwing it in a range of 260-280° from the "Center" of your soldat)...? This would solve the selfkill problem and wouldnt cause us to throw nades through enemies at normal ranges.

Cookie.
October 25, 2005, 5:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloquote:Originally posted by N1nj@When you are flying up and throw nades downward, the nade explodes right away and kills you.

Thats the price we pay for getting the nade throwing fix fixed :P
Before that we threw nades through or enemies at close range, instead of hitting them.

Before that it would explode on your feet ;) The circle of nade continues :o

N1nj@
October 25, 2005, 8:58 pm
Can't Michal just fix it, instead adding new things in order to fix it =/

I hope you guys understand what I'm getting at...

Michal Marcinkowski
October 28, 2005, 6:49 pm
I thought I fixed the grenades, I remember testing it before release and it was fine. I'll give it a try once more.

N1nj@
November 2, 2005, 1:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI thought I fixed the grenades, I remember testing it before release and it was fine. I'll give it a try once more.
Sorry about that. I did farther testing on the nades and found out it only happens when you are holding the spas.