( search forums )
The Knife - Michal, can you make this change?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
October 25, 2005, 5:20 pm

I think it's pretty unanimous that we're agreed on this change, and that it's needed. Please state your simple yes-no opinion here.

The knife. We want it so that a simple 'tap' of the throw-key throws it a short distance and does minor damage, whereas holding it down for a few seconds - just like a grenade - throws it further and can kill in one throw.

Can you do this Michal?

DeMonIc
October 25, 2005, 7:23 pm
I'll bake you a cake, pwuez.

b00stA
October 25, 2005, 7:42 pm
You can also get one of my waffles.

Chakra`
October 25, 2005, 8:05 pm
the above two posts mean "yes, I agree with you Chakra." to anyone that doesn't speak 'sarcastard'.

October 25, 2005, 8:07 pm
I heartily endorse this event or product

Bugs Revenge
October 25, 2005, 8:23 pm
Erm, let's give it a try.

N1nj@
October 25, 2005, 9:03 pm
This game is getting harder and harder and more complicated every new versions, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

But anyway, can't really give you an absolute answer until we can try it out and see how it turns out. So...

m00`
October 26, 2005, 12:08 am
its an okey idea but i'd rather keep the knife the same and bring the law back to how it used to be and see how it goes, the only reason LAW is neglected at the moment is because of the start up time, making the knife harder would only lure people to socom

MisterX
October 26, 2005, 12:14 am
There's still a significant difference between Socom and knife/LAW: knife and LAW are 1-hit-kill weapons, and as you can see with Barret and M79, they are always liked very much. And as long as you can still kill with LAW and knife, why shouldn't people use it? Bringing back the old LAW would just make everything the way it was before, having a 1-kill-guarantee again everyone uses in clanwars and makes it impossible to win for someone who doesn't use it.
And N1nj@, for sure the game shouldn't be too hard, but that also doesn't mean it should be extremely easy. I mean, for example having all weapons act like Barret would make it easy and also balanced, but I doubt it'd be very funny. And in my opinion there should still be a noticable and obvious difference between "noobs", players who just started playing the games some days ago, and veterans who have been playing Soldat for years now.

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 10:41 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI'll bake you a cake, pwuez.

quote:Originally posted by b00stAYou can also get one of my waffles.

quote:Originally posted by StickyI heartily endorse this event or product

lolz

Yeah this is a good idea..but won't it screw around with weapon throwing? Maybe the change could be applied to all weapon throws, just to make it easier for Michal. Would be cool choosing to drop a gun at your feet, or throw it to your teammate from a fair distance :o

grand_diablo
October 26, 2005, 12:27 pm
quote:
Yeah this is a good idea..but won't it screw around with weapon throwing? Maybe the change could be applied to all weapon throws, just to make it easier for Michal. Would be cool choosing to drop a gun at your feet, or throw it to your teammate from a fair distance :o

ME LIKES!

Please do this Michal, and ill donate the coffee/tea/Wodka (whatever you prefer) to the cake and waffles :P

Chakra`
October 26, 2005, 12:38 pm
I double that. And try to ignore anything m00 posts, Michal... ..trust me.

m00`
October 26, 2005, 12:42 pm
lol what ever, lets just see how it turns out -_-

all the posts i post in this board about the law and knife are ignored anyway